Like Tree2Likes

Apple Airplay, Windows Play to and Android .........

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Apple Airplay, Windows Play to and Android .........

Sending audio / video content to another device from your phone

Apple has its super easy to use Airplay function. It sends whats playing on your device to the output you want.

Windows has its easy 'play to' function. It sends whats playing on your device to the output you want (falls over now and again and losses devices)

Android has Upnp that a you must select source and then renderer but does allow you to play streamed content e.g. Radio or Jango

Is there a simple solution to allow Tune-In radio or Jango or similar streamed audio to be played on a DLNA enabled player?

East Coast: What sort of DLNA player do you have?

XBMC based? You can add radio stations ..

Amazon Fire and other android based boxes have spotify, iheartradio tune-in apps.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    East Coast: What sort of DLNA player do you have?

XBMC based? You can add radio stations ..

Amazon Fire and other android based boxes have spotify, iheartradio tune-in apps.
    devices to be played to

1) Marantz NR1604 - Music (yes you can select radio stations via the device)
    2) pioneer a3 - Music
    3) Generic Android box - Video

NAS drive for music files - that is easy just use bubble upnp
    Tune-in for radio or from a site such as http://player.liquidcompass.net/WROXFM - HOW?
    Last edited by East_coast; 25-04-2014 at 11:43 AM.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    devices to be played to

1) Marantz NR1604 - Music (yes you can select radio stations via the device)
    2) pioneer a3 - Music
    3) Generic Android box - Video

NAS drive for music files - that is easy just use bubble upnp
    Tune-in for radio or from a site such as http://player.liquidcompass.net/WROXFM - HOW?
    surely the best way is via this, for video/audio :-

Phone - presumed android/tablet plugged to TV via MHL ( even better if has CEC compatible - ie, sony xperia so you can use tv remote to control tv )

TV plugged to Marantz NR1604 amplifier via TV optical output ( thus the phone DNLA content and audio)

Use your phone/tablet and amp/tv combination as DNLA receiver to receive the audio/video streams from NAS drive or internal memory or app based streams, etc,

enjoy from the comfort of your sofa ( even better with complete control via TV remote)

This far cost efficient/better control and more important sounds better than heavily advertised bose solution

I presume your A5 pioneer speakers has analog input for audio from phone as presumed these speakers are in a different room, ie, kitchen, bedroom, as there don't seem very compatible or not the best solution with an audiophile av amplifer

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Phone - presumed android/tablet plugged to TV via MHL ( even better if has CEC compatible - ie, sony xperia so you can use tv remote to control tv )
    NO - my phone / tablet is in my hand as I walk around the flat

TV plugged to Marantz NR1604 amplifier via TV optical output (thus the phone DNLA content and audio)
    Only works when playing fro NAS drive or content on device. NOT live streams.

I presume your A5 pioneer speakers has analog input for audio from phone as presumed these speakers are in a different room, ie, kitchen, bedroom, as there don't seem very compatible or not the best solution with an audiophile av amplifer
    No analogue input. Use airplay or windows 'play to' to drive it with FLAC files or streamed content. No solution that I can fine Android

OK to put it in a simpler way.

How do I get an East Coast station such as

http://player.liquidcompass.net/WROXFM

when opened on my Android device to play through Marantz or Pioneer?

What sort of NAS do you have?

I have a Synology which has uPnP built in. It also exports the media folders via NFS and SMB shares.

The XBMC (Raspberry PI) connects to the media shares and can stream anything that is shared. Additionally, the XBMC has a couple of radio plugins for internet radio stations.

XBMC can handle airplay etc ... so, if required, my son can interrupt my video watching time, with his funny video of the day, streamed from youtube and pushed to the XBMC (via uPNP or something like that ... it just worked, have not investigated why and how).

The XBMC has an HDMI connection to the receiver. DTS and advanced audio formats are handled by the receiver, so yes, we can get 7.1 out of the RaspPi / XBMC combo.

The Mrs often watches some of the TV shows on her tablet using DS Video or uPnP based app on an android tablet.

Son has a computer which can access the NFS / SMB shares.

Just added the Amazon Fire for Hulu / Netflix and Amazon Prime videos.

Yes, we've taken the whole couch potato lifestyle very very very seriously.

Check if your android box has XBMC on it ... it may be possible to turn into a media center as opposed to a video player.

Last edited by shri; 25-04-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    kimwy66 likes this.

Which reminds me .. I need to get my act together and wrap up the development work for http://cordcutter.org

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    NO - my phone / tablet is in my hand as I walk around the flat

Only works when playing fro NAS drive or content on device. NOT live streams.

No analogue input. Use airplay or windows 'play to' to drive it with FLAC files or streamed content. No solution that I can fine Android

OK to put it in a simpler way.

How do I get an East Coast station such as

http://player.liquidcompass.net/WROXFM

when opened on my Android device to play through Marantz or Pioneer?
    for video/visuals and audion

use chromecast on TV which is presumable plugged to Marantz

stream from phone/tablet to chromecast if you video and

for audio only, phone's app upnp to your Marantz directly, presume works with your a5 as well

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.bubbleupnp

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    What sort of NAS do you have?

I have a Synology which has uPnP built in. It also exports the media folders via NFS and SMB shares.

The XBMC (Raspberry PI) connects to the media shares and can stream anything that is shared. Additionally, the XBMC has a couple of radio plugins for internet radio stations.

XBMC can handle airplay etc ... so, if required, my son can interrupt my video watching time, with his funny video of the day, streamed from youtube and pushed to the XBMC (via uPNP or something like that ... it just worked, have not investigated why and how).

The XBMC has an HDMI connection to the receiver. DTS and advanced audio formats are handled by the receiver, so yes, we can get 7.1 out of the RaspPi / XBMC combo.

The Mrs often watches some of the TV shows on her tablet using DS Video or uPnP based app on an android tablet.

Son has a computer which can access the NFS / SMB shares.

Just added the Amazon Fire for Hulu / Netflix and Amazon Prime videos.

Yes, we've taken the whole couch potato lifestyle very very very seriously.

Check if your android box has XBMC on it ... it may be possible to turn into a media center as opposed to a video player.
    playing from NAS is ok. Streaming is not

Have you looked at the XBMC addons or apps on your adroid box which allow you to stream audio from online stations? IheartRadio has a really nice app.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast