Like Tree6Likes

The cheap as chips Chinese-made smartphone thread

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Why don't you just get a Moto G? Should be able to get it for just over HK$1k.

Trance, this morning I ordered the Jiayu F1 which I found for US$57/HK$440/GBP33 (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/in-st...676597450.html)

Make sure to get the WCDMA if you want 3g to work in HK. I'm not sure what the score is in Brazil though.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Why don't you just get a Moto G? Should be able to get it for just over HK$1k.
    Closer to 2K?

Wont be taking my fancy camera unfortunately. Got an old compact I will take with loads of SD cards. Will be wanting the cheapest possible to update my twitter as I follow the matches. I will even get an android as it wont be missed after it has been nicked.

Because any excuse to link to xkcd is a good excuse.

Does anyone know if the SSP stores still sell fake iPhones that run Android?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Closer to 2K?
    Well closer to 1.5k. Beecrazy is (well was last time I looked) selling the dual sim Moto G for HK$1,650.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:

Because any excuse to link to xkcd is a good excuse.

Does anyone know if the SSP stores still sell fake iPhones that run Android?
    I've seen the fake iPhone4 ones in the shops behind the stalls on Temple Street.

I find it kind of amusing that anyone would buy a fake iPhone. In HK, Apple seems to have lost its brand cachet to Android years ago (when it comes to phones, at least), and the physical case design is pretty sucky.

I was in Japan recently though and it was interesting to observe that about 9 out of 10 phones were iPhones.

My cousin bought a fake iphone in shenzhen. The thing that amused me was that instead of "iPhone" it was simply called "Phone"

Sent from my GT-P6800 using GeoClicks mobile app

Original Post Deleted
    Problem is he needs a phone now while he waits for his OnePlusOne. The E will take a little while to get to HK and lets see if it will be priced at HK$1,000 here.