Swiftkey Android Keyboard - gone freemium

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swiftkey Android Keyboard - gone freemium

One of the best Third Party Android Keyboards, Swiftkey has now moved to a freemium model. So basically the keyboard is now free and they will make money from their themes store....

http://swiftkey.com/en/blog/swiftkey...-themes-emoji/

http://swiftkey.com/en/blog/why-we-set-swiftkey-free/

Google Play link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...paign%3Dkbhero

I saw that news earlier this morning and tried to find a good reason to ditch the Nexus 5 built in keyboard for this one. I could not find good/convincing messages online. It seems (to most) that the Nexus 5 keyboard is good enough...

Is anyone here a lover of Switkey? Care to comment and convince me to try it?

I'm using Swiftkey and sorely miss the keyboard from my N4.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I saw that news earlier this morning and tried to find a good reason to ditch the Nexus 5 built in keyboard for this one. I could not find good/convincing messages online. It seems (to most) that the Nexus 5 keyboard is good enough...

Is anyone here a lover of Switkey? Care to comment and convince me to try it?
    I use SwiftKey. Have also tried the stock Google keyboard, and compared to before, it has improved a lot over the years. I guess its more me being used to the Swiftkey keyboard, as that's the one I've been using for the longest time.

Love Swiftkey and I think the swipe feature actually works quite well. Wish they'd come out with a Chinese language pack though.

Using Swype on the N5 was a life changing experience. There's a bit of lag using swype on the HTC One XL unfortunately. Might try swiftkey again.

Last edited by iliketurtles; 12-06-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Have tried Swiftkey twice and I always go back to Keymonk.

Thanks for the tip.... downloaded and typing away))))

I've been using Swype for around 2 years now... (I used Swiftkey before Swype)
    I'm going to give Swiftkey another go, my main wish for it is for the learning function to work better than Swype (which seems not to work at all in fact)
    Learning is where the keyboard keeps track of what you write and uses that information to provide better predictions/autocorrects tailored to you

I use TouchPal and love it.....wish my work iPhone had alternative keyboard options as I hate the Apple built it one

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast