Like Tree9Likes

How much does it cost to set up a new mobile phone line?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yikes, i've never even heard of the sony but will definitely look into it. I definitely would want fast mobile internet. I'm sure that I'll be depending on it a lot as I've never lived in hong kong and will need a lot of assistance as I envision that I'll be constantly checking the phone to get me to one place from another. I just hope my iphone can be jailbroken... is this legal? I wouldn't want to do it if it's not.

Your iPhone can definitely be jailbroken (although I believe whether it will work here at all will depend on which model you have). There are no legal implications of doing so (that I am aware of). The only impact of jailbreaking will be to invalidate your warranty (if your phone is still within its original warranty period).

Rosemary116 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    Your iPhone can definitely be jailbroken (although I believe whether it will work here at all will depend on which model you have). There are no legal implications of doing so (that I am aware of). The only impact of jailbreaking will be to invalidate your warranty (if your phone is still within its original warranty period).
    not all iphones can have the carrier lock removed
    Rosemary116 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary116:
    Yikes, i've never even heard of the sony but will definitely look into it. I definitely would want fast mobile internet. I'm sure that I'll be depending on it a lot as I've never lived in hong kong and will need a lot of assistance as I envision that I'll be constantly checking the phone to get me to one place from another. I just hope my iphone can be jailbroken... is this legal? I wouldn't want to do it if it's not.
    If you are here for at least two years then why not get a contract with a great data and call package. It's affordable and you get a new phone to boot!

Iphone 6 will be out in a couple of months.
    Rosemary116 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary116:
    http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/articl...phone_5s/?pp=2

I believe ( and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that if you are using an iphone from Verizon, it can't be jailbroken to work in HK.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by attkrt:
    I believe ( and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that if you are using an iphone from Verizon, it can't be jailbroken to work in HK.
    not just Verizon, some iphone on at&t's carrier lock can't be remove