Like Tree9Likes

More smartphone woe

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

64GB version from 1+1 was HK$2999 so looking at the prices in your link turtles, there isnt much of a mark up, 3150 - 3300. doesnt seem to bad the pricing.

Yeah Katherine I have googled. In all cases, it needs juice either via computer or mains. It doesn't accept any power so I can't power+vol down it.

Precisely Bhotia.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    So the replacement to the Nexus which got nicked, an HTC One XL, now refuses to take any charge. Great.

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy a OnePlus One from one of the computer centre sellers. I've never used Price.hk to actually buy anything before. Below is a link to the various sellers - anyone got any experience with any of those sellers selling the 64gb version?

http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=169426

Thanks
    The sellers are legit, except the oneplus ones they have are mainland China grey import models. So frequency bands are slightly different. Another thing to note is that it's loaded with color os, not cyanogenmod(international oneplus one). So the interface is more ios ripoff than nexus and updates slower. I have the international oneplus one after receiving an invite from their forums. I waited for the invite (took almost 2 months) so when I go back to the US I won't have to worry about frequency band issues.
    wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RwingJock:
    The sellers are legit, except the oneplus ones they have are mainland China grey import models. So frequency bands are slightly different. Another thing to note is that it's loaded with color os, not cyanogenmod(international oneplus one). So the interface is more ios ripoff than nexus and updates slower. I have the international oneplus one after receiving an invite from their forums. I waited for the invite (took almost 2 months) so when I go back to the US I won't have to worry about frequency band issues.
    Thanks a lot for that. I didn't appreciate the difference. I'm really only interested in the international oneplus ones - am I right in thinking none of those sellers are selling it? Wish I had an invite!

I've turned down a couple of O+O invites - decided I'm happy with my current phone (HTC One aka M7) for now, and the O+O just looks too big for me...

That said, if you want to get a new phone, great. If you don't, you should call the local HTC service center - I've sent a few phones into them over the past few years, and they're actually pretty good. It's worth asking them what a new battery for a One XL would cost, at least!

Call them on 3077 5588‎ or try their online chat service.

Thanks VMlinuz. I'll get onto it.

As for the invites.... is there any way you can un-turn them down? There would be some beers in it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Thanks VMlinuz. I'll get onto it.

As for the invites.... is there any way you can un-turn them down? There would be some beers in it for you!
    Nah, sorry - it was a couple of people who had referrals and offered them as a first-come, first-served thing. I was - or could have been - first, but they're long gone now... If I see any more soon, I'll try to let you know, but they go quickly!
    iliketurtles likes this.

I pulled the trigger and bought it from here:

人氣電訊 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

For 100 extra bucks, they flashed it with the latest Cyanogen OS. With a "glass" screen protector, case and updated OS (plus a 3% service charge since I stupidly forgot my EPS card) it came to 34xx.

First impressions: very nice indeed. Lovely screen, really nice OS. Camera looks pretty swish too.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY LET ME HAVE THIS PHONE IN WORKING ORDER FOR AT LEAST A YEAR