Like Tree18Likes

30 Days Google Location History

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    This is really annoying me to be honest.

Don't see the need (I know $ need) for them (or anyone else) to know where I am on X day at Z time. My own life, my own business....but I guess nowadays unless you are without any sort of phones,...there is no escaping....still annoying to me (and yeah I know it's great cos you can track maybe some thieves or retreive some people etc etc but....)
    I tried mine on both my phone and computer. Neither is showing any history. This indicates an ability to turn it off... and indeed I have location services switched off on both. So you can choose not to participate!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I tried mine on both my phone and computer. Neither is showing any history. This indicates an ability to turn it off... and indeed I have location services switched off on both. So you can choose not to participate!

It's off on mine since day one (and I have never ever checked in or whatever they call it on FB for exmaple)....it doesn't mean I guess that they can't still have this stored somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    It's off on mine since day one (and I have never ever checked in or whatever they call it on FB for exmaple)....it doesn't mean I guess that they can't still have this stored somewhere....
    Simple then, don't use Google. There are other alternatives.

the worst bit is that I do turn on all my location services especially for WAZE when I drive which is literally every day but still no one is monitoring me I really feel left out now.

Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Simple then, don't use Google. There are other alternatives.
    I really don't think it is that simple....

Anyway not that care but I just find it a tad sad that our lifes are recorded somewhere about every minute....don't see the need nor the benefits.
    bookblogger likes this.

I don't have a smartphone and I don't use Google search, nor have I ever given my phone number to Google, Facebook et al, but still Google knew my full name when my mate tapped my number into his new phone, because Gmail had downloaded his entire address book on his last phone. That freaked me out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    I don't have a smartphone and I don't use Google search, nor have I ever given my phone number to Google, Facebook et al, but still Google knew my full name when my mate tapped my number into his new phone, because Gmail had downloaded his entire address book on his last phone. That freaked me out a bit.
    The rest of us just call it convenience.
    Rob2020 likes this.

There are ways to game the system... http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...rancisco-penis

You know, Google and Apple use people's movements to update their maps with accurate road layouts, up to date traffic info and, combined with search history, address info. They basically crowd sources us to be their cartographers.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    His phone syncs with his gmail contacts. Gmail is his backup and if he loses his phone he doesn't lose all his contacts. Its nothing to be freaked out by and no conspiracy going on here.

The Shadow Knows

by Stoller/Leiber
    recorded by The Coasters, 1958

You can hide down in the alley
    With your hat pulled over your eyes
    You can wear a wig or moustache
    Or any old disguise.
    You can change your name and address
    Even change your style of clothes
    But the Shadow knows, the Shadow knows.

You thought you had me baffled
    You thought I didn't know
    But I know where you're going, baby
    Long before you go.
    You can't even snap your fingers
    Or wiggle your toes
    Without the Shadow knows, the Shadow knows.

So baby, stop your jiving
    And your messing round
    Cos I know what you're putting, baby
    Long before you put it down.
    You'd better watch your p's and q's
    And your m's and n's and o's
    Because the Shadow knows, the Shadow knows.