Like Tree6Likes

HK mobile networks MTR / Tunnel / Administrative fee increases

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    I'm not changing stance because if your eyesight worked as it should you were arguing with TheBrit, not me. My stance is we should have a choice and those of us who don't want to pay for the "MTR" service don't get it. That again is a simple concept. If it's an inescapable part of your bill then just throw it in as an advertised monthly charge. That's also a simple concept. And 10% charges at restaurants! don't even go there. Another smoke and mirrors scam charge that I have bought up directly with a few restaurant owners. Every single one of them flails around when trying to explain face to face. I enjoy making a point of the pricing when ordering.
    I agree, it's like in Florida - you get to the checkout with your $10 bill in one hand ready to pay for the $9.99 T-shirt in the other, only to be told it's $11.27 including state and local taxes...
    Last edited by zerocred; 30-09-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Why does this sound just like a tunnel administration fee to me?

https://www.cnet.com/personal-financ...for-a-payment/

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    Why does this sound just like a tunnel administration fee to me?

https://www.cnet.com/personal-financ...for-a-payment/
    At least to me, the "tunnel access fee" was fully disclosed when I signed up. That would appear to be the main difference I guess.

The tunnel access fee is just a way to make the headline rates look lower, and should, ideally, be prohibited but seems a bit different to what AT&T are doing and introducing it without prior notification.
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    At least to me, the "tunnel access fee" was fully disclosed when I signed up. That would appear to be the main difference I guess.
    Yes, that is certainly a good point.

Nonetheless, the inconsistency of the charge would certainly lead me to question its true intention. Certain contracts would waive it, as with corporate plans. If this is a true contribution toward underground maintenance, then surely all users should pitch in. Or I should be able to opt-out of MTR coverage. Of course we know its BS. This is just a cost, like many. The cost of running a business.

Next we'll be paying fuel surcharges for their maintenance trucks...
    TheBrit likes this.

Yes indeed, no arguments that it is a bogus and bullshit description - should just be rolled into the monthly subscription fee.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3