Like Tree13Likes

My mobile phone dileMMa

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I was on 4G smartone - 5GB plan for $210, any additional data if you run out is 100 per 1Gb, as my PCCW line at home is shite which means the wifi is shite so i usually use up all my data quite fast especially playing youtube Elmo songs to my kid so I upgraded to unlimited plan for just over $300.

I do agree with what BDW said but living in da jungles of clear water bay, for me only a few providers can get good signal here or i would have looked for a cheaper deal.

I cannot understand people paying hundreds of $$ per month for 4G with data caps. 3G is perfectly fine and unlimited for $86 a month.

Original Post Deleted
    That's steep, I've just got on the PCCW friends of staff package. HK$99 per month for unlimited calls, SMS and LTE with no throttling.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    That's steep, I've just got on the PCCW friends of staff package. HK$99 per month for unlimited calls, SMS and LTE with no throttling.
    whats the reception on pccw in Kowloon and hk island, it's flaky in nt ( some areas ok, some areas absolutely no reception) , but I would like to know what's it like in other places?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    whats the reception on pccw in Kowloon and hk island, it's flaky in nt ( some areas ok, some areas absolutely no reception) , but I would like to know what's it like in other places?
    TBH, its miles better than one2free (CSL), I've not had it dropping signals at all in Kowloon and HK Island. With one2free, even going down into TST MTR station I get a weakened signal, sometimes no data at all, with a distinct section of the tunnel across to HK having no data coverage.

In NT, I only ever visit Tai Po, Sheung Shui, Yuen Long, Lau Fau Shan and Tsuen Wan, and I've not dropped any coverage. The only ever bit of dropped data I recall with PCCW is traveling on the KCR between Tai Po and University station.
    imparanoic likes this.

Ive been on the $86 Sun/CSL plan for a few years...signal strength is crap on the mtr (esp kwun tong line for some reason...) methinks it's time to up sticks....hell must be frosty if i'm considering going back to pccw...

Last edited by anothercanuck; 25-11-2014 at 11:17 PM.

Csl and pccw are the same now. They are in the process of merging their infrastructure.

Rob2020 likes this.

Then Smartone may be my least worst option...

Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    Then Smartone may be my least worst option...
    Why? There are other options.

Also I'm with csl. at the moment. Yes, PCCW and csl. are merging infrastructure, but at the moment cs seems to be separate (although in fairness I would expect this to merge eventually, just hoping its ex hkcsl management who are the guys running the show on a day to day basis rather than the hkt guys).

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Why? There are other options.

Also I'm with csl. at the moment. Yes, PCCW and csl. are merging infrastructure, but at the moment cs seems to be separate (although in fairness I would expect this to merge eventually, just hoping its ex hkcsl management who are the guys running the show on a day to day basis rather than the hkt guys).
    Because ST is the only one I havent tried yet (and rest have turned out shit in one way or another...mostly in terms of coverage...)

Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    Because ST is the only one I havent tried yet (and rest have turned out shit in one way or another...mostly in terms of coverage...)
    Don't use ST if you live or travel near Sham Tseng. I lose my connection every time I pass there on the freeway! Other than that, it seems OK.
    anothercanuck likes this.