Canadian and USA Sim cards

Closed Thread

Canadian and USA Sim cards

Travelling to Canada and the USA for the holidays and will need to stay connected. Very little voice is needed. Data is the main factor that is a must have.
    We will be in each country about equal amount of time. We will be in major metropolitan areas, coverage is not an issue.

Have never done this in NA before, apologies if these are dumb questions:

1) Are Canada and USA (dual country) sims reasonable or should I be looking at individual sims per country ?

2) Any reasonable telecom names to look for and any rip-off names to avoid? Or are they all very similar but different....

AT&T and Rogers are the most reliable (better coverage) based on my experience. Unfortunately they all have crappy plans so expect to pay $$$ for it. Whereabouts will you be?

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

HC - Have used t-mobile Pay as you go Sim cards a fair bit in the US. Available on Amazon and also at most convienence stores / malls etc.

Have used one of these plans - Prepaid Monthly Phone Plans | Simple Choice Prepaid Plans | T-Mobile ... check and see if the $80 / month plan allows tethering.

Even used them in HK to receive SMS messages needed by some online service to verify US presence.

I'm in Toronto right now. Look at the Rogers share everything plan. That might be handy for you in Canada. They offer it as a monthly plan - that's what I'm using right now.

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks