View Poll Results: How often do you buy a new phone?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every 3-6 months

4 7.02%
  • Every 6-12 months

11 19.30%
  • Once every 2 years

40 70.18%
  • I stick with the free / cheap phone my plan offers

2 3.51%
Like Tree22Likes

How often do you buy a new phone and why?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

How often do you buy a new phone and why?

Just curious as someone told me, "why would anyone buy a new phone" if you can get it for free with your plan.

Do you buy phones without plans? I figure there is a reason why there are 10 million phone shops in town.

My latest, Iphone for free with the top plan. Company pays.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Might not be the best place to ask, but does anyone know where I can get a battery for my year old big brother-the usual hellholes dont carry it.

My current phone is about 5 years old - still does what I need: voice calls and text. No reason to change it.

3-5 years until it breaks, or the battery is too poo.

I still have one of the original Motorola v3688's on a pay-as-you-go plan in the UK. My US phone sits around doing nothing as the US is years behind the UK and requires special phones for prepay. I replaced my 3 year old HK phone as the mic stopped working and couldn't be fixed for less than a new phone.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Had to buy a new phone recently as my six-year-old one finally gave up the ghost. Don't think there is a free phone on my $60 p.m. plan...

I went through 4 phones over the last 12 months trying to find one that I like. An e-paper Motofone, 2G iPhone, mid-range Nokia, then to an ultra-basic mono-screen Nokia. The rejected phones were either given away or re-sold.

Now that I have established that modern phones have no advantages for me, I'm going to go the Luddite route and stay on the basic Nokia until it dies.

Last edited by jgl; 23-09-2008 at 12:47 PM.

I usually change it every two years when it break! Seems i cant keep them more than 2 years.

I change mine every 6 months to a year or so, Depends on whether something really good comes out.

The phones that come free with the contract are usually pretty low spec and not something that I have interest in barring my iphone.

Also I don't sell my old phones either so currently have 5 phones at home, Ones on loan to a friend and two are in regular use and the others are just sat in my draw at home.

We change ours every 18 months - 2 years, company provided Blackberries in our case, as they cop a bit of a beating for work.

For personal non work use, my trusty Sony Ericsson K750i has done a great job, which I don't plan on changing, until it dies, when, and if, that ever happens..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast