Like Tree19Likes

Apple Watch

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I've had mine for 3 weeks and have enjoyed the notifications like emails, iMessage, Paper [Facebook], WhatsApp or erm, even the Tinder!

It has honestly made me look at my phone less. I have my Apple Watch on 'taptic' all time from Day 1... Don't think I could stand it bleeping constantly.

Okay, you will need to still to type the majority of replies on the iPhone but when you're doing something and just need to glance at what's come in, it has made a difference for me.

Replying to iMessages using Siri has been reliable. I've done short and fairly longish messages and Siri has been accurate.

I went cycling the other day and tried the 'Workout' app and compared it to 'CatEye' on my bike. There have been a few claims that the Watch isn't accurate measuring the distance, but for me it was pretty spot on. I need to do a few more cycle rides to see if this really true!

Controlling music via AirPlay at home or when out and about is cool!

The Milanese Loop and Blue Sports Band have been comfortable and as I said in earlier post, the ability to quickly switch straps is fun!

Battery life on the iPhone and Watch have been fine. Been out a few long evenings with the Watch off the charger since 6.30am and never gone in the 'red'.

Same as ProPlus, just waiting for the developers to embrace the Apple Watch. Able to reply to WhatsApp or Facebook messages would be the icing for me!

Last edited by Snuffy; 15-05-2015 at 08:56 AM.
    shri likes this.

I've tried the Milanese Loop band, and it's not my thing, I find it a bit fiddly putting it on and I find you need it quite tight or else the watch just rolls around a lot on your wrist.

I've started using Shazam a lot now on the watch. I hear tunes which I don't know the name of which I like, and instead having to get the phone out to listen to the tune, the watch access is swift enough for me not to miss the tune.

Original Post Deleted
    No, as the Whatsapp app hasn't updated to support the watch it. You can only get notifications of Whatsapp on the watch (so you can read the message, not a photo, and can't reply).

Other chat apps like Line and Wechat have updated.

Quote Originally Posted by dontdrink&drive:
    I hate the watch. The end
    It's not for everybody... So, why do you hate it?

screen small, hard to exit and enter app (switch to home screen)

useless watch.
    Thank you for your detailed and insightful comments - I shall now cancel my order for the Edition.

screen small, hard to exit and enter app (switch to home screen)

useless watch.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA!

Switch to home screen is a one button press on the digital crown, I guess thats too hard for you.

As for the screen size, its a watch, how much bigger you want it to be? Do you actually know what the reasoning behind the Apple Watch is?
    jmbf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA!

Switch to home screen is a one button press on the digital crown, I guess thats too hard for you.

As for the screen size, its a watch, how much bigger you want it to be? Do you actually know what the reasoning behind the Apple Watch is?
    The reasoning is to get people to part with another $4000+ for an accessory for their $5000+ phone...what a world we live in...insanity.

It's purely a toy. If you want to feel like Dick Tracy then it's great. Not very practical at all.

Dankleness likes this.

I have a brand new Apple Watch Series 2 and used it for 9 days. Useless piece of sh*t ! I put it on sale.

(it's in the classifieds for $2688 (instead of $3088) if anyone is interested )

Last edited by 100LL; 29-09-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    I have a brand new Apple Watch Series 2 and used it for 9 days. Useless piece of sh*t ! I put it on sale.

(it's in the classifieds for $2688 (instead of $3088) if anyone is interested )
    what so bad about this watch?