Like Tree19Likes

Apple Watch

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Apple Watch

Anyone else got one yet? Or planning to get one?

I received mine yesterday, and I have mixed feelings about it. Without doubt, from the packaging to the quality of the straps to the design, it's beautifully well thought out, and the force touch feature was very surprising the first time I used it.....even though the glass itself doesn't move, because you press harder, the animation and the vibration pattern of the watch really makes you feel you pressed into the glass!

Agreeing with Apple's philosophy for this watch, it does make you have to take your phone out of your pocket much much less, and with further support from other apps, it'll be even more so in the future.

There are plenty of things that do bug me: having to get used a new interface, new button patterns to memorise, there are still plenty of things that you will need to get your phone out such as adding friends to the frequent friend list, etc.

I have probably used Siri a total of 3 times on my phone, but with Siri on the watch being more responsive, I've started to use it more.

I personally don't get my phone out of my pocket much, I mute all my whatsapp/telegram/etc conversations, so I only get the phone out to answer/make calls, game and look for direction, so this was a bit of an impulse buy.

my mate has one, says uses siri more than anything else (though almost everything he asked didn't work - but was in noisy pub. will use for fitness. screens looks good, nice scrolling. charging bound to be a pain but there's always portable rechargers.

From 11am through to 10pm, I went through 30% of the battery. This was with moderate use as I'm still learning how some of the controls work.

shri likes this.

No doubt Apple will have put plenty of thought into a seamless and smooth experience using their watch but weren't they like nth to the market in a category that has for some time been high on promise low on sales?

Quote Originally Posted by shamblesuk:
    my mate has one, says uses siri more than anything else (though almost everything he asked didn't work - but was in noisy pub. will use for fitness. screens looks good, nice scrolling. charging bound to be a pain but there's always portable rechargers.
    At least it's qi compatible - which raises the obvious question, how is it that so many smart watches are not qi compatible?

Apple Watch found to be compliant with Qi wireless charging standard
    East_coast likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I got the Apple Watch with the sports band. I've already got my eye several watch straps made by other manufacturers.

The Milanese loop looked great on the website, but the real thing doesn't look as good. I've never been a leather strapped watch kind of person, and I wasn't going to pay that much for the stainless steel straps. So it was only the sports band.....for now anyway.

As for the model, I wanted the one with the sapphire glass. I used to have a sapphire glass stainless steel seiko, I can remember the steel being scratched all over, but the glass was as good as new.

How's the comfort level? Does it make your arm sweat in the heat or bearable? I personally find the rubber bands make your arm sweat, not ideal for summer.

Original Post Deleted
    That's why I plan to have a look at 3rd party straps.

Quote Originally Posted by booth:
    How's the comfort level? Does it make your arm sweat in the heat or bearable? I personally find the rubber bands make your arm sweat, not ideal for summer.
    I don't notice it at all. I normally wear a G Shock, so it's pretty big and slightly of the heavy side. The Apple watch is definitely a lot lighter.

I haven't sweat much in the last few days, but the plastic does feel better than the plastic on the Mi Band or the Fitbit, it's more supple.

I've had a SS 38mm Milanese Loop since Friday. I wasn't sure of the Apple Watch concept for the first couple of days but I have grown to appreciate the notifications and some other bits. I'm using my iPhone a lot less and very happy with it now! Siri is great on the Apple Watch. The Milanese Loop is very comfortable for me. I had a go controlling a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with it the other day - wow and geeky! :-)

shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast