Like Tree6Likes

LG G4

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

s

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    pin - dunno .. just like the phone to be sealed. Have seen a couple of Samsung (Mrs and a colleague) whose phones went on the blink and it was blamed on moisture.

Don't care about storage or replacable batteries anymore (> 3000 ma would be a must now...). Everything I have is on Google drive or available through the web - no need for music or videos or apps. Batteries are generally reliable ...
    sony phones are waterproof ( if use the magnetic charging port , waterproof for the life of the phone, if the usb flap is constantly opened, the rubber seal weakens after a year or so), in fact, my sweaty pocket even activates the screen on sometimes, so I clean under the tap, the most sealed phone available

I don't like cloud, so I use 64gb sd card (128gb is possible) , so I can have a lot of 1080p video and games, flacs files.

cloud or streaming is good most times, but when driving up and down NT (mostly from Kowloon to northern NT), some places are flaky not great if the kids are screaming when the signal is lost/bad, but there again, it's back up as I use a old psp with mp4 video on sd card in the car for kids programs, keeps them quiet (older one not an issue nowadays as it's my 6 month daughter now as she prefer some to carry her instead of the safety of a car seat)
    but at end of the day, everyone requirement is different ( I note that my friends had to use my tablet with sd card for video playback usage as their ipads could not get a signal or wifi was flaky and the issue of transferring video to internal memory of the ipad was a pain via iTunes according to them )

I note htc one is sealed and very well sealed (ifixit rating one) with it's superb built like a tank metal alloy frame and back

Available in HK already? Retail, or Sin-Tat grey imports? I didn't see it yet...

Removable battery & SD are great, I got sick of dangling charger+cable with my Nexus 5.

Only problem for me is the size, G4 is even bigger than G3... I'll have to try it in shop first.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sallecc:
    Available in HK already? Retail, or Sin-Tat grey imports? I didn't see it yet...

Removable battery & SD are great, I got sick of dangling charger+cable with my Nexus 5.

Only problem for me is the size, G4 is even bigger than G3... I'll have to try it in shop first.
    apparently only grey imports so far, won't be cheap though expect around HK$6000

nexus 5, with a massive battery case, apparently much better battery life, not too thick, nevertheless, better than a tethered life support system

I use the G3, and it's a nice phone, but it is BIG. I wouldn't want to have a bigger one, though I think the G4 is the same size as the G3?

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Liked:
    I use the G3, and it's a nice phone, but it is BIG. I wouldn't want to have a bigger one, though I think the G4 is the same size as the G3?
    Unfortunately, it's bigger... just a little bit, but still it is bigger... :-(

Went to SinTat phone market in MongKok today... surprised to see it nearly empty, and it was lunch time (less mainlanders visiting HK, I guess). Didn't see G4, several shops quoted 6500hkd, but no phone to show... Interesting is that now they reduced G3 to just 2300-ish HKD, which is great price... there's even dual-SIM version, maybe I'll get that one to replace my Nexus 5...

Quote Originally Posted by sallecc:
    Went to SinTat phone market in MongKok today... surprised to see it nearly empty, and it was lunch time (less mainlanders visiting HK, I guess). Didn't see G4, several shops quoted 6500hkd, but no phone to show... Interesting is that now they reduced G3 to just 2300-ish HKD, which is great price... there's even dual-SIM version, maybe I'll get that one to replace my Nexus 5...
    Samsung Galaxy 6 is getting some very strong reviews at the moment, and the one sold in HK comes with dual sim as standard.....

Original Post Deleted
    Well, does it have one sim card slot or two?