Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By vmlinuz
  • 1 Post By SilverHK

Smashed phone screen data retrieval

Closed Thread

Smashed phone screen data retrieval

i dropped my Sony Xperia compact phone and smashed the screen which is now unresponsive. i want to retrieve photo's on the phone but i cannot get past the security screen to access them( it wont repsond to any input)The phone seems ok except the smashed screen .
    When i connected it to my computer via USB the i also could not transfer media because the phone is still locked by the lock screen.
    The photo's are on the phone memory.
    No i dont back them up to cloud.

How can i get my phone photo's? I am assuming if i take to Sony repair to fix the screen they usually wipe the phone or you sign a waiver allowing them to lose all your data.

Thanks for any advise how to tackle this.

I would take it to a shop and get it fixed. Tell them not to reformat anything.

Go to sin tat in mongkok and they'll repair the screen, they won't touch the insides

Apple devices allow synchronisation and data backup with an authorised (trusted) computer even when locked. Don't Android devices have a similar function?

Hi,

If you have a "usb on-the-go adapter cable", you could use that to connect a usb-keyboard to type in your password and then use a usb mouse afterwards.

(connect to micro-usb port)

Last edited by SilverHK; 06-07-2015 at 09:11 PM. Reason: additional info
    wtbhotia likes this.

Please, please, please, setup (at least) one of the selection of free online photo backup services... Dropbox, Google, Facebook, Flickr, probably others.

In 2015, there's no sense to losing photos.

emx likes this.

So easy, plus the micro USB to your phone and to the pc, you can access a of the photos and data from both the phone and sd card, copy and paste on to pc, any computer can do this

Thanks all the excellent advice . Backup lesson learned !