Like Tree7Likes

Getting Android and Mac to Play Nice

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If the Android phone is a Samsung and she's installed Samsung Kies on the Mac, uninstall it, it's one of the most buggy program I've ever used, and it stops another program called Android File Transfer from working.

Thanks for the tips - I'll get her to install Android File Transfer.

After some further probing it seems the main issues are contacts and calendars not copying across, which seems to me to be a Google issue.

@Stu79 - Perhaps everything did not sync over cleanly into Google? We had this issue several years ago and I ended up downloading some Mac application which goes through the iPhone backup in iTunes and exports everything into CSV / compatible formats. These can then be uploaded into Google (contacts / calendars etc) and will show up on the Android phone.

You can go to contacts.google.com to verify what has been synced from the iPhone to Google. I am not aware of any problems which might prevent those contacts from syncing with the Android phone.

Stu79 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    If the Android phone is a Samsung and she's installed Samsung Kies on the Mac, uninstall it, it's one of the most buggy program I've ever used, and it stops another program called Android File Transfer from working.
    Plus one on this advice. All you need is android file transfer. I have android plus macbook no issues. Everything syncs in the cloud and photos are the only thing I occasionally connect to transfer