Like Tree7Likes

Getting Android and Mac to Play Nice

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Getting Android and Mac to Play Nice

My wife recently got fed up with her iPhone and bought a new Android device which she is happy with.

The trouble is, she uses a Macbook for work and the two devices don't seem to want to work together. It's mostly fine, but certain things won't synch properly.

I'm the default computer repair monkey in our household, but I know stuff all about Macs (can't even work out how to browse the Internet on one!) Can anybody recommend somebody who would be able to help configure either the laptop or the phone (or both) so that they do what they are supposed to?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

can't remember the last time I synced my smartphone to my computer. What you need to sync up? might be able to get a better idea of issues that way.

Just wondering, Why do you need to sync an android to a mac, there is no need for media management program for Android, just drag and drop your files as if the android phone is like a flash drive, or alternatively, send files to android via Bluetooth or wifi, or even take out the sd card (assuming there is one) transfer files via that method

Mainly calenders and contacts I think, though I'll ask her.

I never plug my phone into my PC so I'm not sure what she needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    Mainly calenders and contacts I think, though I'll ask her.

I never plug my phone into my PC so I'm not sure what she needs.
    Isn't that all done in the "cloud"?

For me, yes, but she keeps complaining about the laptop and phone not syncing up.

As Apple devices seem to need constant plugging in I thought it was something to do with the laptop, hence abdicating all responsibility and trying to find somebody to fix it for her that isn't me!

Insert her sim card in old iPhone, your sim card in her new phone, then transfer calendar and contacts via WhatsApp

Or get android app to allow transfer iPhone content ( contacts,photo etc) to android Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    For me, yes, but she keeps complaining about the laptop and phone not syncing up.

As Apple devices seem to need constant plugging in I thought it was something to do with the laptop, hence abdicating all responsibility and trying to find somebody to fix it for her that isn't me!
    seems like a pain to me. probably easier to find a new wife.
    bdw, mrdollars, TheBrit and 1 others like this.

Download a free app called Android File Transfer and they will connect easily. Its just a basic app for transferring files from a Mac to an android device.

imparanoic and Stu79 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast