Arghhh Killed my Iphone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

it doesn't get service anymore, and it keeps rebooting itself. I've restored it twice but the problems remain.

restored to factory default settings?

did you guys have this problem.

i can't rem the sequence, but its either when you are on the phone and an sms comes in, or when there is an sms on the screen and a call comes in, the phone freeze and refuse to let you pick up the call. and you'd need to do the resetting of the phone (both buttons depressed for seconds).

obviously its a system problem. anyone encountered it as well ?

I have reset the phone several times, put it into recovery mode, and restored the software from itunes twice (wiped out all my pictures and contacts).

I can get the main menu and such to come up, but the phone keeps rebooting itself randomly. A bigger problem is that even when I can get to the menu, I cannot get service at all. I went to 3, and we used my SIM Card on another phone there with no problems. This morning I can't get past the apple logo on startup.

I will try the DFU mode tonight- thanks for the link! If that doesn't work I'm going to the apple reseller in Mongkok.

I can't believe I'm having such problems with a 2-week old phone!

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    did you guys have this problem.

i can't rem the sequence, but its either when you are on the phone and an sms comes in, or when there is an sms on the screen and a call comes in, the phone freeze and refuse to let you pick up the call. and you'd need to do the resetting of the phone (both buttons depressed for seconds).

obviously its a system problem. anyone encountered it as well ?
    Freeier its a known issue and the latest firmware update is meant to of cured it.

firmware means I need to bring this fellow down to update or can I just do the standard upgrade with Itune ?

sorry havent' followed too much of the guru talks (quite obvious i guess. 8-)

Update with itunes to the latest version would be fine.

You can also bring your iphone to the Apple-approved repairer, there are 2 in causeway bay

I took mine to the repair spot, they replaced it with a new iPhone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast