Possible to share an iPhone's wifi connection with another device?

Closed Thread

I know about tethering but that uses the phones mobile connection. If I have a iPhone connected to a network, can I somehow share the connection via the iPhone to another device (android tablet in this case).

So instead of tethering the tablet to the phone using a hotspot can i somehow connect the two so that the tablet can piggyback onto the wifi network?

I think there is an app for that, but not sure if it requires a jailbreak.

With the base iOS I think your wifi cannot be shared (unless maybe you could share via Bluetooth--not sure).

https://intelliborn.com/mywi.html

Last edited by penguinsix; 20-11-2015 at 10:29 PM.

You need to jailbreak.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need to do that (and don't connect the second device to wifi ad well)?

On Wifi "single device" plan and only one device can connect? If so, you may need to buy a pocket router, have it connect to the wifi, and share the wifi to the iPhone and other device. But don't ask me which router can actually do that...

Even if you jailbreak you can't share a Wifi connection. The only thing you can do is share a 3g/4g connection to another device via a wifi hotspot.
    While the phone is connected to a Wifi AP the Wifi card cannot be used to create a hotspot for another device.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Even if you jailbreak you can't share a Wifi connection. The only thing you can do is share a 3g/4g connection to another device via a wifi hotspot.
    While the phone is connected to a Wifi AP the Wifi card cannot be used to create a hotspot for another device.
    No, as mentioned MyWi can do it, wifi to wifi tethering, and IIRC this function has been available since version 5.