Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By HowardCoombs

Simple and efficient expense tracker for iPhone?

Closed Thread

Does anybody have recommendations on a simple expense tracker for the iPhone?

Want to take pictures of taxi and other receipts (on the go), then simply add description or comment and possibly select a category (ie. transportation, lunch, etc). Then frequently output a report (for accounting).

I am sure there are many, too many to check them all Most will probably have way more features than I need.

Thanks!

Thanks HC. Does Expensify auto-learn to read receipts?

I have just installed it, created an account, and scanned two taxi receipts. It didn't recognize them. Great would be if after scanning a few taxi receipts it recognizes them as being "HK Taxi" (that's the vendor I entered) and it learns reading the total amount (since I also entered it).

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    Thanks HC. Does Expensify auto-learn to read receipts?
    I think you are looking for this thingie :
    SmartScan — Expensify Help & Support

Thats what I used - but its not obvious of this learns after I entered a few taxi receipts to read them automatically in the future (without me typing the amount and "vendor" name).

So I've scanned around 8 taxi receipts now with their SmartScan function (over the course of 8 days). While it recognized the amount early on, it still doesn't know it's from the merchant "Taxi". Since I only have 10 or 12 free SmartScan's a month without paying for it, I am not sure if it will ever auto learn. If it does, it seems there are not many HK users, since I recon taxi receipts would be very popular in expense tracking...