Like Tree7Likes

HTC 10

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

HTC 10

Yes, yet another smartphone release:

HTC 10 Specs and Reviews | HTC United States

HTC 10 seems to tick all the boxes for a flagship phone, but seems to be run of the mill, not offering anything unique as opposed to the competition.

However, one appealing thing, you can unlock the bootloader and your warranty remains intact. Will be good for those who want to tinker.

HTC 10 Comes With Unlockable Bootloader, Decent Warranty Policy

I'm not sure if I'll be needing a new phone anytime soon - hardware things have largely plateaued, and I've got a nice split going between tablets and phone - but this is definitely one to look out for.

By all accounts, LG have stumbled with the G5 - had a very quick play with a demo unit in Fortress at the weekend, and the fit on the bottom module was horrible. The N6P is probably too big for me, and the 5X maybe too cheap. I really don't think I could bring myself to buy a Samsung phone...

GeoTommy likes this.

will the htc 10 be at HK$5500?

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I'm not sure if I'll be needing a new phone anytime soon - hardware things have largely plateaued, and I've got a nice split going between tablets and phone - but this is definitely one to look out for.

By all accounts, LG have stumbled with the G5 - had a very quick play with a demo unit in Fortress at the weekend, and the fit on the bottom module was horrible. The N6P is probably too big for me, and the 5X maybe too cheap. I really don't think I could bring myself to buy a Samsung phone...
    plenty of other makes, which has advantages as well as disadvantages

sony z5 or x performance, but accessories are limited in choice
    xiaomi mi5 cheap price, high spec, but not so nice ui
    lg v10, nice audio performance with dedicated dac, great for audiophiles, spec so so with snapdragon 808
    one plus two, affordable, buggy ui though

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    will the htc 10 be at HK$5500?
    That does seem to be the US and tax-removed European price, give or take. They are offering pre-order discounts in at least some regions.

Weirdly, there is a lower-spec model for India - Snapdragon 6xx with 3GB RAM - and there should be 64GB models in some regions, but they haven't said which...

That does seem to be the US and tax-removed European price, give or take. They are offering pre-order discounts in at least some regions.

Weirdly, there is a lower-spec model for India - Snapdragon 6xx with 3GB RAM - and there should be 64GB models in some regions, but they haven't said which...
    LG G5 SE will also use snapdragon 62x in some countries as flagship ( ain't bad as powerful as snapdragon 801) but it's has a third of performance than snapdragon 820 as well as no heat thermal issues associated snapdragon 810 ( but some phones uses decent thermal protection /thermal piping to prevent this issue)

In the US, they are already offering US$100 off.

The mircoSD card slot takes up to 2Tb, so most people will plump for the 32Gb version.

Different regions, different colours available. Silver and black for the US, gold as well for everywhere else. Japan gets an additional snazzy red one.

Well after a lovely splash today, my next phone with have water protection. Waiting for Note 6 or going s7 route. Not sure yet. Too bad this one doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongbaos:
    Well after a lovely splash today, my next phone with have water protection. Waiting for Note 6 or going s7 route. Not sure yet. Too bad this one doesn't have it.
    IP protection is great for occasional splash, but long term charge using ports and immersion may allow water penetration

better if you get a water proof bluetooth earphones

there is a sony one with a separate control ring to change tracks, alter volume, and more important, balanced from above, around and behind on your ears so you can swim or jog with no change of it coming unloose

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast