Like Tree12Likes

Android phone < $2k HKD

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by klan8456:
    I will have literally one app, being Good mobile. Is the Xiaomi it that hard to use?
    Chinese phones have a major issue with user friendly /logically user interface, few are nice to use, unlike Korean/Japanese /us phones, best to try before buy, ask xiaomi owners etc

One plus one used to use western developed cyangenmod ui , high quality, great reviews, but lost support with them, oxygen os which was developed by themselves is an example of better China developed os, but not as impressive or acclaimed as cyangenmod

To some users xiaomi is very frustrating to use, but to others they live with it

Same issue to high end /audiophile quality digital audio players from China, great hardware, but not nice /clunky /frustrating user interface. Especially compare refined /superb Koreans /Japanese /us ones
    jimbo likes this.

But at the end of day, find a phone suits you, what other features do you require?

For business use I'd avoid those China brands like the plague due to security.

Quote Originally Posted by monomono:
    Gearbest has the Redmi 3 for $1165, I've bought a few things from there before with no complaints.
    This looks great. Has anyone else ever ordered from Gearbest?

Original Post Deleted
    That doesn't stop him plugging his Sony stuff constantly.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    That doesn't stop him plugging his Sony stuff constantly.
    SONY NO 1 LA get with the program dude LOL

My One Plus One didn't work with a number of carriers in Europe.

I only need the Xiaomi to work on WiFi, so all good on that account.

Out of interest I called around some of the lower end phone assemblers who are now churning out Android phones for developing markets at US$24. 4" screen and basic functions. Would of been an awesome phone 5 years ago that any exec would of loved having....

Don't order from there. Bought a Mi Pad in Jan. They said they would ship it out in Mar. Never got shipped. Had to file a chargeback with my credit card company to get the money back.

imparanoic likes this.