Like Tree12Likes

Android phone < $2k HKD

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Android phone < $2k HKD

Hello,

My company is taking away our corporate Blackberries and implementing a mandatory BYOD policy.

I need to buy a smartphone, new with warranty, for less than $2000 HKD. Ideally, less than $1500 HKD. The phone will just be used to access email.

Any direction on what is a good device to match such a use case would be appreciated. I do not have a particular preference as to brand, as long as it is reliable and easy to find without travelling all over HK. Good battery life would be a bonus.

Thank you!

Smartphone buyer's guide: April 2016 - page 4 - GSMArena.com

my personal preference would be the motorola x play but the screen is a bit too big and sony xperia z3

Original Post Deleted
    Yup

These appear to be available at my local Fortress. Any views as to whether any of these would not be fit for purpose, or other things to watch out for? LG (first link) would be the preference as it is the cheapest.

LG K10 LTE (K430N)

HTC Desire 820s dual sim

SONY Xperia M4 Aqua Dual D2363

SAMSUNG Galaxy J5 (2016)

Thanks!

Not too sure about warranty but you should be able to pick up LG G4/G3, which are extremely competent devices for around that price range.

Same goes for Google Nexus 5X which is priced at $2.3K on Expansys. Should be available for slightly cheaper with local retailers.

Original Post Deleted
    BYOD often means company provides the sim card and data plan, pays the cost, but employee uses own phone. Many employees like because they dont have to carry two phones (office and personal), they can choose what they want to use (not be forced to an iphone if you prefer android, etc), Many employers like because employees will take better care of their own property rather than company property. Many of my employees break phones, lose in taxi, etc. So overall BYOD is not a bad thing for many people on both sides of the fence.
    shri, Ehiogu and chuckster007 like this.

if you go to fortress, at your price level, you will only get an entry level phone which will be slugglish due to the specification

however, if you go to a good independent retailer ( who in between these companies, i have purchased home cinema 7.2 amplifier, sony xperia z1 compact, my interchangeable lens camera, 5 tv since 2009 and bluray streaming player, most of these at 15-20 % cheaper than duopolistic companies

super av king is a good place to go, highly rated

8/F, Yau Shing Commercial Centre,
    51 Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mongkok

or

ccav,

11/F, Yau Shing Commercial Centre,
    51 Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mongkok

China Club Audio & Video

official HK products, not

shri likes this.

Would rather jump off a tall building than ever go to Mong Kok, but will see if something is available in my local area in terms of independent retailers

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by klan8456:
    Would rather jump off a tall building than ever go to Mong Kok, but will see if something is available in my local area in terms of independent retailers
    Lol Mongkok isn't that bad!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast