Like Tree5Likes

Call Defender - Lock Screen Ads?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Call Defender - Lock Screen Ads?

Just noticed that my lock screen has been replaced by an call defender screen which has ads on it.

Anyone else have this or is it some other rogue app? (I know ES file explorer does some lock screen hijacking...)

Doesn't happen on my phone, I'll keep an eye on it, in case it's a new thing.

I ditched ES Explorer when it started happening.

Though with Call Defender it's so useful that I'd just buy whatever upgrade required to keep using it without ads.

No problem with that on android.

No lock screen ads on mine either. Samsung E7.

Screenshot ...

Elegiaque likes this.

Call Defender - Advanced Settings - Other Options - Display charging assistant screen (untick).

I believe that should do the trick.

shri and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Call Defender - Advanced Settings - Other Options - Display charging assistant screen (untick).

I believe that should do the trick.
    A million thanks for that!! Gives me my notifications...

Guess, I should just bite the bullet and pay for the ad-free version.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A million thanks for that!! Gives me my notifications...

Guess, I should just bite the bullet and pay for the ad-free version.
    Does it spam you with notifications in the notifications bar on the top? If you have android marshmallow or higher, you can block them. The easiest way is to long press on a notification. It should either give you the option to block it directly, or take you to the app information tab (where you can force stop, uninstall etc). There should be a list for permissions, and another one for notifications. You can decide you don't want any notifications from this app. I have them allowed, but so far it's not showing me any obvious spam for the time being. But Facebook and Messenger were really bothering me, so I just blocked them.
    shri likes this.

Annoyingly Call Defender (which used to be StudioKama) has moved away from a pro version to a subscription model.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Annoyingly Call Defender (which used to be StudioKama) has moved away from a pro version to a subscription model.
    Yeah, they also got hundreds of very bad reviews because they cut a lot of the free options to the subscription version. It's a whole pity, as the older uglier version really did the job perfectly. I rather dislike the newer version, but so far have no alternatives yet...Do you guys know if it feeds from a public database of spam numbers or was it their own?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast