Like Tree11Likes

Xiaomi (Mi) classic thin powerbank 5000mAh

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Xiaomi (Mi) classic thin powerbank 5000mAh

Hi, any idea whether the Mi 5000mAh powerbank by Xiaomi is still available in HK and if so where? 小米行動電源 5000 - 小米香港官網

The classic micro-USB, not the USB-C connector. Online won't work as we'll be in HK just for 3 days. Unfortunately where I am right now the official imports seem to have stopped a while ago, leaving the field clear for an abundance of Chinese fakes.

I've seen mention in here of similar products in SSP Golden Computer Arcade in general terms - any particular shop(s)? I ask because Mrs HKFella came back last year with a couple of the "hot Mi powerbanks from SSP" (>10K mAh) which were obviously good fakes.

Do you think it's worth checking on the Island itself - WCC or 298 - or Mongkok in Kowloon as an alternative albeit at a higher price, as a round trip to SSP may not be worth making if it turns out to be for this item alone?

Thanks in advance.

Try the official Xiaomi store in Mongkok

imparanoic and HKFella like this.

I saw them for sale in the Kowloon bay xiaomi store 2 weeks ago so they are definitely still available.

Quote Originally Posted by jwyl:
    Try the official Xiaomi store in Mongkok
    That's were I bought mine. At that time it was the cheapest too. All other places (SSP etc) were more expensive.

how much is this?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    how much is this?
    I paid the $69 in the Mongkok MI shop as advertized. Perfect deal. 5000mAh is certaily large enough for long days outside without power. SSP prices were around $ 100 or so.

Or you could opt for the slightly thicker 20000mAh one I saw at the Mi Store yesterday for HK$199.

HKFella likes this.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Thanks very much for your inputs. Good to know it's still selling widely in HK. The information from all of you who responded is truly appreciated.

Proplus - the 20000mAh sounds interesting. Will certainly check it out and the trade-off of capacity vs ease of slipping into pocket. Thanks. Incidentally, why I became a fan of the Mi 5000mAh is that a borrowed one with original cable did a sterling job charging my phone (1+1) from near zero to hundred during a not very long beer and dinner session at a pub in KL - the fastest and smoothest charging I've ever encountered. No time out, and I somehow sensed it had automatically stopped trickling charge when charge was full. And slim as hell.

the Mi 5000mAh has also enough power to charge my 10" pad to 100%

Just a note: 20000mAh ist still well below limit (160000) you can bring onto flights.

Drunken Master likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Or you could opt for the slightly thicker 20000mAh one I saw at the Mi Store yesterday for HK$199.
    Is the store cheaper than the online store since online it's hkd 280?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast