Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shafiq

IOS language translator to Cantonese with audio?

Closed Thread

IOS language translator to Cantonese with audio?

Yo fellow HK'er.

Am looking for an iPhone language translator with audio pronunciation to CANTONESE. All I see is putonghua! crap! Anybody seen one or several?

Thanks.

I've been using an app called Speak & Translate, I've found this one can cope with a lot of Cantonese slang and 'lazy' words very well.

I got curious, checked the Android version, but no canto....

Canto is in the PRO version (for a modest HK$29.90)?

Baidu translator app for android has cantonese option.am not sure about iphone..

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    Baidu translator app for android has cantonese option.
    GUI is all Chinese, or not? Makes it a bit hard to use then for the non Chinese reader.

Has English GUI and other language's...Cantonese language comes as free, and some dictionary has to be bought in app purchases...

The translation voice for cantonese is not very clear, sometimes hard to comprehend...

flameproof likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    Baidu translator app for android has cantonese option.am not sure about iphone..
    It has Canto option, that is good. But the app is very intrusive. Even with all notification disabled it's popping up at the main screen.

I recently found Microsoft translator, which surprisingly does have cantonese audio. It's free too

Quote Originally Posted by yensteel:
    I recently found Microsoft translator, which surprisingly does have cantonese audio. It's free too
    Available on different devices. A useful feature is the "two-way" translation - it splits your screen into 2 parts facing opposite ways, displaying one language on each side.

https://translator.microsoft.com/apps/