Like Tree5Likes

Nexus Google smartphones - next generation rumors

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    If it only had SD card slot to allow adopted storage...
    Nexus hasn't/doesn't/won't do that. They want you to buy a model with more memory and higher profit for them. I have seen some 3rd party shops who will install a larger memory drive.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Nexus hasn't/doesn't/won't do that. They want you to buy a model with more memory and higher profit for them. I have seen some 3rd party shops who will install a larger memory drive.
    I know. I had the only nexus with SD storage ever released, and tried to get any other Nexus as long as they released it again with SD card slot...And that never happened again. Seems they regretted their initial decision immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by lovehunter:
    ha I had Nexus 4 for over two years - Great phone and must've dropped +100 times but it just worked. I bought Nexus 6P earlier this years and it is by far the best phone I have ever used (used iPhone 6s/Plus, s6 edge plus & 1+2).

I guess I will be skipping the new nexus and wait for the next one. I will strongly recommend Nexus 6P if you really have to purchase a new one otherwise 4 is great too ;p
    Oh yeah it is a strong phone. I got it right as they came out so it is almost 4 years old. But between battery issues and screen sensitivity issues it's time to move on.

I was really close to snagging a 6p...really close. But with the new line next month I will wait a bit longer to see what it offers. As you can see I keep my phones longer than most so I tend to go new spec wise.

I do worry as I hear great things about the 6p but since the new one is built by HTC it is not upgrading last year's model 6p, it's a whole new beast. Rumor has it will be closer to a HTC 10 than a 6p.

The N5 turns three years old this in a couple of months. That's ancient in the life-cycle of tech product these days.

Pixel, huh?

Probably means they are going to be much more expensive if the previous Google Pixel devices are anything to go by ...