Like Tree16Likes

iphone 7

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

It says pre-orders open on 9 September (i.e. tomorrow).

Is it at 0001 hrs or at some other time? I assume the Apple website will contain the link.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    then how will they licence their lucrative lightning port to third party manufactures
    How do you foresee the lightning port's future? I'm certain it's more obvious to you than it is to me.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    The current is of course limited - but in terms of technology it could be way, way higher. Think induction cooking, same principle.
    The goal with induction cooking is to be inefficient (generate heat), while for transmitting energy for use on the other end (charging battery and powering device) you want exactly the opposite and be very efficient.

What I meant to say with current limit is rather the' current limit for allowed coil physical dimensions' in these phones. Apologies for not being clear. And unless they give up charging via connector all together (why not?) they always need both, a connector and a coil etc. in the device. Extra space, extra cost, extra headache.

Especially if the world now starts to cry for the good old 3.5mm headphone connectors and/or wired headphones after Apple made this move (say next 2-5 years), I never see wireless charging happening w4idespread. IMHO, wireless headphones ARE a pain in the neck, I just can't befriend myself with them, no matter how hard I try. On the other hand, I hate wires too. Time will tell....

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    How do you foresee the lightning port's future? I'm certain it's more obvious to you than it is to me.
    go to any electronic store, you can get lightning docks, speakers, on sale, from low end at HK$500 to HK$6000 for high end Bower & Wilkin zeppelin

furthermore, look at car manufacturers offer apple carplay as options

What is Apple CarPlay and which cars support it? - Pocket-lint

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    go to any electronic store, you can get lightning docks, speakers, on sale, from low end at HK$500 to HK$6000 for high end Bower & Wilkin zeppelin

furthermore, look at car manufacturers offer apple carplay as options

What is Apple CarPlay and which cars support it? - Pocket-lint
    I see. So if given they phase out lighting ports for the iphone, Apple will no longer make money off of 3rd party manufacturers that once utilizes lighting port. Makes sense. I never use extra accessories, so I could underestimate its income generated from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    Phew!

I am sure that I read an article or saw a video that said that they were not happy with the energy efficiency of Bluetooth and that they were going to do their own standard for wireless transmission soon. Can not find anything now though.

Thanks!
    They do have their own standard for wireless audio.

EDIT: just noticed that what I wrote above - reported by theverge this morning - is not correct. They do use Bluetooth after all.
    Last edited by alexdown; 08-09-2016 at 01:16 PM.

@pin Aiya!!! By linking to that article, you've reduced my chances of getting a iPhone that I can Shrill about. And jollies to the promised iSland.

On the Apple HK site, it says 301pm today for pre-orders.