Like Tree7Likes

What is your experience with China Mobile HK?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

on CMHK unlimited 3G plan. no issues. convenient if you hop over the border north. it works fine there too. cheap as well. feel no need to switch to another company.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    on CMHK unlimited 3G plan. no issues. convenient if you hop over the border north. it works fine there too. cheap as well. feel no need to switch to another company.
    Unlimited 3G plan...that's the "21 Mover"? It says it includes 1MB only...Otherwise, which offer do you mean? Thanks!

actually, it's similar to 21 Mover i suppose. but i don't see the plan i have on their site anymore. it's 3g unlimited but only about 80 some HKD a month. cheapest that i could find at the time which was about 4 years ago.

timonoj likes this.

Thanks. I'm afraid all those good plans are gone now, and what is available now isn't close to that.

If you sign up a yearly phone & data plan with China mobile in HK, you get free data roaming for China, Macau & Taiwan & you can also access Facebook, Google, etc in China

Hi all. I see China Mobile got a package which is called "Supreme Asia" where one can get data in 17 Asian countries.
    Anybody got any experience with a plan like that ?
    Do you guys think China mobile is on par with CSL/1010 on speed and coverage ?
    Thanks ?

Another question is - what is the coverage like on South Lantau. Mainly around the Cheung Sha / Leyburn Villas area ?

Any reports of experience with China Mobile in the MTR? Previously with 1010 at Wanchai MTR, I would always slow to a crawl, now my Birdie (Smartone) doesn't flinch at Wanchai MTR. I'm considering switching to China Mobile though so would like to know if anyone has any good/bad reports.

Quote Originally Posted by sxc:
    Any reports of experience with China Mobile in the MTR? Previously with 1010 at Wanchai MTR, I would always slow to a crawl, now my Birdie (Smartone) doesn't flinch at Wanchai MTR. I'm considering switching to China Mobile though so would like to know if anyone has any good/bad reports.
    No issues with CMHK on the MTR. Using Mysim and no real problems. I will however shortly be switching over to Birdie. Any reason for moving over to CMHK from Birdie (just asking as I am thinking of going the other way).

I saw that China Mobile has the plan now for $188/mth (24 mth contract) for 20 GB plus FUP unlimited. Not that I would use that much data, but it could be useful.

My main reason for changing is the data roaming. While the Birdie roaming is cheap, you only get 300/500 MB per day in most locations, and it really slows down to almost unusable after that. The CM data roaming appears to be $48-68/day and you just use your plan allowance. They also have an option for data roaming that seems a similar price and setup to Birdie - although you have to buy multiple days of access at a time.