Like Tree11Likes

Xiaomi/Redmi/紅米 Note 4 - is out in HK!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    $1499 is upmarket?
    I bought the first Note 4G last year for $1300 so yes their prices have been slowly creeping upmarket lately.

Oh and there's the whole privacy issue, especially now that Xiaomi devices have fingerprint sensors:

https://thehackernews.com/2016/09/xi...-backdoor.html

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    I have seen a xiaomi showroom at Telford plaza in Kowloon bay..FYI
    They've opened it already? I heard of it during a press event a few months back Xiaomi held in Kowloon when Hugo Barra popped into town.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    They've opened it already? I heard of it during a press event a few months back Xiaomi held in Kowloon when Hugo Barra popped into town.
    Not seen it with my own eyes, but it's listed here:

Telford Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Apjace:
    610, Nathan Road, Mongkok (What I was told by the salesman on phone earlier today)
    20th floor, Hollywood plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Yes. Its there atleast for few months. Did see it last week..

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    20th floor, Hollywood plaza
    Went there today. They have stock for Note 4 for silver and grey, gold is sold out. It's a fine machine.
    shri likes this.

@flameproof is the ui significantlu different from a stock android phone?

I just do my first steps. My main phone is still Nexus 5, I just the UI so far very similar. It's not too off. Much better then the Meizu M2. Size is slightly bigger then the Nexus 5, just perfect.
    shri likes this.

is the ui significantlu different from a stock android phone?
    Yes it's very different, Xiaomi's UI is called "MIUI" and it looks very similar to iOS. No app drawer, same iOS app layout and app folder functions exactly like iOS. Pull-down notification shade is similar to other Android phones - pulldown for notifications and swipe to access quick toggles. Has "Mi Account" app which offers cloud storage for contacts, msgs, gallery, calls, etc., and also a cloud backup service. You can choose to sync and backup with your Google account instead but they'll bother you until you make a Mi account.

I prefer MIUI over iOS and stock Android for sure, but maybe I'm biased.
    shri likes this.

I finally made the Note 4 my full China Phone (had to work out the registered SIM mess first). I use the phone with 2 SIM. China Mobile for phone, and Unicom for data. Unicom make the phone stay on G4/LTE pretty much all the time.

With LTE on, lots of pics taking, some surfing, some Wifi, the battery lasts a full day.

Little drawback, my Xiaomi 5000mAh Powerbank can fully charge the phone to 100% when it's near empty - but the powerbank is powerless after it. No surprise as the Note 4 has a 4500mAh battery.

BTW, I always thought fingerprint is no use. But have to admit it's very handy to unlock your phone with one hand.

Back to your question: the GUI feels quite different. But nothing you (I) can't get used to.

Xiaomi comes out with a new phone one of these days, quite pretty I have to admit, the Mix:

小米MIX-小米商城

小米MIX-小米商城