Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

CSL Unlimited 4G vs Smartone

hi guys, what is the right APN to use for CSL?

On my TPlink mifi, i see "hkcsl" as the APN but when i pop the card into my sony tablet, it says "mobile" as the APN.

Can anyone help to check and confirm which should be the right one?

Quote Originally Posted by ruffruff
    hi guys, what is the right APN to use for CSL?

On my TPlink mifi, i see "hkcsl" as the APN but when i pop the card into my sony tablet, it says "mobile" as the APN.

Can anyone help to check and confirm which should be the right one?
    Both work.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    Both work.
    Thanks.

i going to cancel my CSL unlimited as i can barely get 3 bars of reception at my residence area.
    Learnt my lesson the tough way .. should have checked the reception before signing the CSL contract.

Anyone using smartone at Tung Chung/Airport area? can someone give me a heads up on the speed and coverage of smartone. I heard 3 has the unlimited plan as well. anyone has any review on that?

i going to cancel my CSL unlimited as i can barely get 3 bars of reception at my residence area.
    Learnt my lesson the tough way .. should have checked the reception before signing the CSL contract.

Anyone using smartone at Tung Chung/Airport area? can someone give me a heads up on the speed and coverage of smartone. I heard 3 has the unlimited plan as well. anyone has any review on that?
    Most people at Tung Chung Area using fixed line as there is no reliable mobile service provider available.

Quote Originally Posted by Topic
    Most people at Tung Chung Area using fixed line as there is no reliable mobile service provider available.
    I see... The problem is the fixed line at my apartment has a contract with the landlord and its a crappy 20-30mbps DSL. Its heavily utilized by the other 2 roommates. I need to have a fast internet connection for my work/leisure.

CSL is fast to terminate my line .. I can't connect to data this morning. My other option will be either 3 or Smartone. But I wonder which one has a better coverage and speed at Tung Chung area.

CSL is fast to terminate my line .. I can't connect to data this morning. My other option will be either 3 or Smartone. But I wonder which one has a better coverage and speed at Tung Chung area.
    Perhaps you can buy prepaid SIM's from each and try them out?

vs Three?

Does anyone know what three's policy is after the FUP is exceeded? I can get a corporate plan for $199 for "unlimited" data with 5GB FUP. That's significantly cheaper than going with CSL/Smartone, but I don't know what happens after 5gb. If they throttle, I might as well go with sun mobile's $126 plan, otherwise it's not a bad deal.

smartone 10g plan

for the last 2 years I have been putting up with the smartone plan. As with others on the thread, 10 g used in a few days, but for us, the priority falls and our reception has been terrible except at the lowest off peak periods.
    News channels and streamed movies can be a nightmare to watch in the evening or in the mornings.
    They might not call it throttling, but I have speed tested it in the evening and its down to less than 1 Mbps if using a vpn, not much better for netflix or you-tube without the vpn.
    Service ends this week and definitely looking elsewhere.
    We are in Sai Kung, don't know if that contributes to the problem

Am in tseung kwan O. Same issue. Have an year to go. Service is too bad for 5xx dollars unlimited 4g. Complained “n” times. Always got a reply that service enhancement be done. After few months, still same level of performance.
    Used to be a happy csl customer. Regret going for smatone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123