Like Tree3Likes

Mobile plan with low / no cancellation penalty

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mobile plan with low / no cancellation penalty

I currently have Smartone which is (I don't know how many) months long, but it has a cancellation clause that says $500 if I leave HK early and cancel my contract, which isn't that bad.

I went in today to ask about another phone and they mentioned they no longer have a low cancellation clause--you have to pay for the entire XX remaining months on your contract, even if it is just a SIM-only no mobile kind of plan.

Has anyone heard of any plans that offer a low/no cancellation charge?

JaredHK likes this.

Lots of prepaid options. Eg China mobile has a sim with unlimited data for $30 for 10 days ($90 per month) and only charges $2 monthly admin fee (instead of $18 that most carriers charge with a long contract).

JaredHK and MandM! like this.

Double check the terms and conditions:

Three.com.hk | 3香港

Three.com.hk | 3香港

Also, isn't there some sort of MVNO on the csl network. Can't remember the name.

Plenty of SIM only plans if you have your own phone. Just negotiate.

Thanks. I should probably mention I need a massive data plan at LTE speeds. Most of the pay-as-you go are 3G unlimited or something like 1GB LTE for the price I would pay for 6gb on a month-to-month plan.

yeah smartone are increasingly sneaky bastards, when I got a new iphone, they happened to mention after I signed that the old deal had changed now, and new terms and conditions applied, not a problem for me, but still sneaky.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Not what you are likely looking for as you have to wait a year, but with Sun Mobile you sign up for a 12-month contract and after that, assuming you make no changes, it automatically goes month to month, with no increase in price.

It might change this at some point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Not what you are likely looking for as you have to wait a year, but with Sun Mobile you sign up for a 12-month contract and after that, assuming you make no changes, it automatically goes month to month, with no increase in price.

It might change this at some point though.
    No LTE with Sun Mobile though, it's 3G only and capped

How is the speed?

How is the speed with China Mobiles prepaid plan. Can you keep your number and move to a prepaid plan?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast