Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By orel100x

Address proof for a mobile contract

Closed Thread

Question Address proof for a mobile contract

Hi all,

I would like to get a contract with Sun mobile. I suspect I need an address proof. So far all I have is a letter from my bank saying "here is your ATM card" and a letter from my employer. Do you think that will do? The nearest Sun mobile shop is a bit far away, so I'd rather know in advance if I have everything I need before I go there.

I do think the bank letter will work. I don't think the guys at mobile shops get into any form of HSBC style KYC. Just a tick mark for them.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

They are right sticklers for PoA. Very "computer says no".

Had one contract with them for one phone but they still wanted PoA for a second phone a couple of months later. Went back to the shop with a letter from CSL. They could hardly fucking refuse that!

For future reference - they really want a proof of address with both the address and a date. So my genuine letter from bank wasn't OK, because we couldn't find a date on it for some reason. A letter from employer was OK however. Then, anyone could have printed that piece of paper I gave them...

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    For future reference - they really want a proof of address with both the address and a date. So my genuine letter from bank wasn't OK, because we couldn't find a date on it for some reason. A letter from employer was OK however. Then, anyone could have printed that piece of paper I gave them...
    for POA they are looking for something recent, within the last three months, if no date it could be your address ten years ago