Like Tree6Likes

Genuine mobile phone shop

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by singh sahib:
    I wanted to know that why it is less at those stores. Please give your reviews and suggestions if it is safe to buy the mobile phone at other stores ?
    A few years ago, prices were essentially the same, since the manufacturer set a "minimum retail price". However, after the Competition Ordinance came into effect in Dec 2015, there is now more difference in price.

Broadway/Fortress are owned by large conglomerates who need to pay for the sales staff, rent, management and shareholders.

If you're looking on HK Island, prices are going to be about the same. And if it's for a new model, prices are unlikely to vary much.

Quote Originally Posted by singh sahib:
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    One more thing,can you suggest any store other then Wilson and Fortress preferably at yhe Hong Kong island to buy a Samsung phone ?
    Waiting for recommendations.
    Thanks to all.

what phones are you looking for? PM me and i may guide you on where to get a good Grey stock deal on new models.

Get them online direct from the company or from their own stores. Even the big chain stores in HK such as Fortress and Broadway has used dodgy practices. When stock are low and the can't meet demands, they have bought from resellers, repackaged and sold them on. I've seen phones that were previously bought and returned (hence less than the warranty period), scratched out of the box, and have dodgy components inside.

ycchai likes this.

I don't want to recommend any shops but since everyone thinks you can't get bargains in hk island, let me say that I found a phone shop (thru price.com.hk) hidden in the middle of Wan chai computer center 1st floor that sells at "online" prices. And again I can't stress the importance of checking online prices first before going to the shop (or check it on your phone while you are there ). I've been fleeced by guys at Wan Chai computer center for not checking online prices

Try Suning. Their Mong Kok and Shatin branches always give us the best deals on tv's, camera's and such compared to Broadway and Fortress. Good service too, for Hong Kong. Not sure if they can offer any discount on Samsung phones but worth checking.

Products - Suning

What's a fine print?