Like Tree1Likes

Going to Australia - need a data phone card

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I use this place quite regularly - https://www.simsimhk.com/collections/australia

Free delivery within a couple of days, else you can pick it up from their office in Wan Chai if needed same day.

Very nice. I buy all my sim cards from Sham Shui Po. Believe it's exit A2. outdoor hawker stalls. Ask for fast internet. I used data roaming and was terribly slow (when I used to go to syd and mel for work).

Original Post Deleted
    You can rent those mifi routers at airport. It's cheap and less hassle. Can share data for whole group of people.

https://www.crazyegg.com.hk/en/products/wifi/#

Original Post Deleted
    Which cities are you visiting?

I will be there at the same time as you.

(i get my sim cards from the airport when I arrive, quick and painless)

I have no specific advice about Australia but whenever I travel to somewhere these days, I consult this Wikia installation for specific and up to date advice.

Australia | Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls!:
    I use this place quite regularly - https://www.simsimhk.com/collections/australia

Free delivery within a couple of days, else you can pick it up from their office in Wan Chai if needed same day.
    Yes, used this place as well for Japan sim cards.

Reminds me, need to pick one up for an upcoming trip there.

Original Post Deleted
    When are you going? I may have a sim card you can use.

How long are you going for? I may walk by the SIM card shop today. I'll check on prices for you.

I've always picked up sim cards once arriving in Australia. There are some options at the airport, but also once you leave the airport there are even more options such as the big 3 supermarkets (Woolworths, Coles, Aldi) all have their own brand of sim cards.

There are 3 networks in Aus. Telstra, Optus, Vodafone. I understand

Original Post Deleted
    you are going on a 9 day tour up and down the east coast. If travelling by road through rural areas then you better stick to a sim that is part of the Telstra network. This includes Telstra, Boost mobile, Woolworths mobile, Aldi mobile. They have the biggest coverage, but even then when travelling between towns expect there to be no signal sometimes. If you are flying and remaining in cities then any of the other cards part of Optus or Vodafone network are just as good.
    shri likes this.

HKTV seems to have deals on SIM cards as well. You could take a look there. Will take a few days for delivery though. Also a minimum $250 purchase for free delivery

Original Post Deleted
    with these sim cards, make sure yo have data roaming enabled, otherwise they normally won't work!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast