Like Tree6Likes

Mailing an Iphone to an overseas destination.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mailing an Iphone to an overseas destination.

Has anyone done this and if so, which company did you use? I bought the new iphone x and i want to send my old phone to my nephew in NZ.

Very difficult because post etc does not accept anything with a lithium battery inside.

raho likes this.

I think there is a DHL service that does let you ship mobile phones.

raho likes this.

Hong Kong post is pathetic wrt batteries. No go, and they steal your money if you try (I sent a parcel not realising a charger had an embedded battery) - stole my whole postal fee, even though most of it was for the "express" portion of the delivery and the f'ing item never left HK!

I ended up using Fedex. Was fine. You just have to follow the Fedex rules - which were not an issue.

however, Fedex then tried to say my gift (which was labelled as a gift and had followed all the UK Customs and Excise rules on posting gifts, TO THE LETTER) was a "commercial package" because it had my office address as the return address. So, if this thing in a gift, you need to follow their Gift rules too!

raho likes this.

Thanks for your responses folks. Ill check out the suggestions above and let you all know how I get on.

I used DHL to send an iPhone 6 a couple of years ago. It was expensive (a little under $400) because they only allowed it to be shipped in their highest class (overnight). But it arrived really fast, in perfect condition, and no hassle.

...a few years ago there wasn't a general ban on lithium batteries....

Some couriers may accept them. HK Post including EMS certainly not.

Sent one a few months ago to Australia. Hong Kong post wouldn’t allow it but DHL did i think it was nearly $500. Though when my cousin picked it up it was in a Hong Kong Post parcel. I think it had something to do with a special bag they put things with batteries. It arrived in perfect condition but when she put an Australian SIM card in it the drama began. Between telling her to reset it to Apple saying it was locked to the Hong Kong carrier (they said they don’t do that) to Hong Kong carrier saying Apple locked it (Apple said it wasn’t them). This went on for nearly 3 weeks until an Apple techie from America called her and unlocked it. Three weeks of the blame game and no one knowing how to fix it. This phone was purchased at the Apple shop and had only used a prepaid SIM card .

So checked back sent from DHL in Hong Kong but picked up at Australia Post. My cousin said you couldn’t post it but DHL could

TheBrit likes this.

Bumping this topic instead of recreating one. Anyone managed to send a phone recently?

I need to send two company phones to Switzerland but the post won't do it. SF express made me open the package to check and said no too. I think my boss is not too keen in using DHL or Fedex as he always ends up pays massive fees when it arrives there. We're talking about 20k+ worth of phone.

The lady at SF mumbled something like need battery document but couldn't get more clarity as lost in translation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast