Like Tree87Likes

Birdie Mobile - Smartone online only

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kimcha:
    Most banks in HK give you a unionpay debit card that doesn’t work online.

Citibank is an exception though as they give you a visa debit card. It used to be that it didn’t work online, but I think they changed it recently.

They also used to allow people to get secured “real” credit cards. Meaning you can put down a few thousand in a term deposit and they use that as security to give you a credit card.

That being said, I recommend you sign up for ********. It’s a service similar to Revolut in the UK and gives you a debit card that works everywhere.

You can top that account up from any HK bank account or ATM. You can even do it instantly with FPS now.

That should work with birdie.
    Citibank recently switched from Visa Debit to Mastercard (Debit?) for their ATM card.

Most banks will issue a standard credit card. Direct debit (commonly known as Autopay in HK) can be through bank accounts or credit cards. You will need to fill in an authorisation form either from the service provider or at your bank. In the meantime either buy other SIMs direct from mobile shops/7-11.

Hi guys, can someone PM me a referral code for Birdie pls?

Wanna give it a go before moving my whole family off CSL..

Cheers!

Just got Birdie. Speed next to Exchange Square - download 17.7mbps, upload 8.3mbps. Reasonable!

i will apply to port my number to birdie this weekend. please pm me a referral code if you have any.

been using birdie for about 3 months now and i'm loving it.

No contracts, it's fast (4.5g speeds), and the app is easy to use.

Happy to refer anyone if they need a code!

I'm looking for a referral code too. Btw, do you get a contract or monthly invoice?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones:
    Monthly invoice, no contract.
    I think you can set up credit card autopay.

Hello,

I was wondering if I can use the Birdie service through a 4G router, is this allowed?

Thank you.

Birdie is one of the best pay as you go SIM in HK. I live and work in Sheung Wan, the reception is excellent with full bars on iPhone. My work phone on contracted 1010 only receives 3 out of 4 bars reception, regularly dropping to 2. Birdie is very easy to use, allows you to change plans monthly (minimum $48). My plan is $140 monthly for 15GB...if you choose autopay you will receive an additional 2GB. If you do not want to pay $500++ then Birdie is a no brainer. One sim, no contract, fantastic reception/speeds. The bonus is free unlimited data from 1AM-6AM! Let me know if you require a referral code. Cheers.

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast