Like Tree87Likes

Birdie Mobile - Smartone online only

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Andy SNK:
    newbie question, can i keep my current number if i join birdie?
    if i get it right, i just need to pay $90 per month, no contract or whatsoever, can stop and can continue anytime i l like, correct?
    Yes correct. You can port your existing number and do it all online on the birdie website, you enter a start date/time and they will take care of the transfer for you. Mine will be effective 1st April between 1am and 4am. Will report back here then if any troubles.

Just make sure your old number is out of contract already or you will run into issues.

Also if you stop and continue later on, I doubt you can keep the same number again.
    Andy SNK likes this.

Looks like you need to fill out a form as well in order to port the number...

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    Looks like you need to fill out a form as well in order to port the number...
    No you do not have to fill out any form. This is an optional alternative method if you dont want to do online (not sure why anyone would want to do this).

I am actually porting 4 numbers for 4 members of my family. I did it online 4 times. paid $90 x 4, about 2 days later received the 4 sim cards, activated all 4 of them already, now I just need to wait until April 1st when service commences and my numbers are ported from Sun mobile to Birdie. I could have chosen an earlier commencement date but I already paid for a month of Sun mobile so chose a date almost at the end of the Sun monthly cycle because they are not going to give any refunds for unused days of the month, so might as well use them all.
    chuckster007 and shri like this.

I also had to fill out a form. I used the app to order the SIM and request the porting.

The terms of conditions mentioned the form and the confirmation email also had a notice about having to fill it out.

I’d recommend you check your very first order confirmation to see if they want the form or not.

Is anyone using the Sun mobile flex mobile plan? It seems a little too good to be true. 15kg for 106 HKD every 30 days. That's not much more than the contract plan.

Quote Originally Posted by naomimonster:
    Is anyone using the Sun mobile flex mobile plan? It seems a little too good to be true. 15kg for 106 HKD every 30 days. That's not much more than the contract plan.
    15GB data is at 3.6Mbps.

Birdie cons: they don't provide voice roaming

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Birdie cons: they don't provide voice roaming
    There is a function for voice roaming on the birdie app, but if you try to enable it you get a message "Coming soon!". So if this is one of your requirements it should be fulfilled soon. But why do you need this? I just use their data roaming in Taiwan/Japan etc for only HK$12 per day and then use whatsapp/skype etc to make calls. Voice roaming has always been a ripoff that I will never use in a personal environment. For business purposes is different, I have a company number that I need to be reached on no matter where I am in the world and voice roaming here sometimes is necessary. But birdie is not for business use so don't see why voice roaming would be a key function.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    There is a function for voice roaming on the birdie app, but if you try to enable it you get a message "Coming soon!". So if this is one of your requirements it should be fulfilled soon. But why do you need this? I just use their data roaming in Taiwan/Japan etc for only HK$12 per day and then use whatsapp/skype etc to make calls. Voice roaming has always been a ripoff that I will never use in a personal environment. For business purposes is different, I have a company number that I need to be reached on no matter where I am in the world and voice roaming here sometimes is necessary. But birdie is not for business use so don't see why voice roaming would be a key function.
    Skype number allows you to have always available business number which only needs data

So how would Birdie users rate the service? I am planning to port to Birdie.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast