Like Tree87Likes

Birdie Mobile - Smartone online only

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Do they have HKID? They need HKID to use Birdie.

I have a plan with smartone that includes a chinese number on my sim. So 1 sim, 2 Numbers. I don't want to lose this number because I use it for business. How can I transfer over to birdie?

Original Post Deleted
    I have 4 Birdie lines all with my HKID. But you need to have 4 separate email addresses. Actually when you sign up you can sign up multiple accounts with the same email address fine, but then at some point during the activation later on they will force you to create a login that must be unique. Now with the birdie app I can logoff/logon to switch between the 4 accounts I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Do they have HKID? They need HKID to use Birdie.
    According to their FAQ they seem to suggest you can use a passport as an alternative.

I am thinking of getting birdie for the missus. She is presently on CMHK MySim which worked great, but now she is using a lot of data (streaming of security camera at home), so am looking at Birdie's option. I presume the speed should be fine for streaming a security camera?

Original Post Deleted
    streaming is fine, but uses up a lot of data and with MySim you buy per GB rather than getting a certain amount of data a month.

$38 plan is attractive. Top it up with $60 for 5GB and overall it turns out to be 2.8GB + 1000 mins @ $68 when shared between two people.

I was going to sign up but then realised you can’t make IDD calls or make / receive calls overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by sxc:
    I was going to sign up but then realised you can’t make IDD calls or make / receive calls overseas.
    Oh, that actually might be a show stopper for my missus, esp the IDD calls.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Oh, that actually might be a show stopper for my missus, esp the IDD calls.
    Is it really that important still?
    Between Whatsapp and Skype - IDD has gone the way of the fax machine for us.....

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Is it really that important still?
    Between Whatsapp and Skype - IDD has gone the way of the fax machine for us.....
    There are times when we need IDD over Whatsapp / Skype.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast