LG G3 screen Flickers & Fades To Black

LG G3 screen Flickers & Fades To Black

Hey all,

This morning my LG G3 LTE screen started to flicker and then completely fade to black within 10 seconds.. tried restarting the phone by holding down the button on the back but it doesn't work. It just vibrates.

Had to take out the battery and then put it back in to turn in on that way.
    Is anyone else having/had this problem with the LG G3 LTE (or other LG models / Androids?)
    Anyone know how to fix this problem? And what is causing this?
    I did a quick Google search, turns out some other people have the same problem with the exact same model phone.

I had a problem with this phone before, the screen kept looping but solved with a new battery:
    https://geoexpat.com/forum/121/thread342364.html

Regards

I had this problem with LG G3 LTE D858HK and G4.

Its a manufacturing defect plaguing LG devices. The CPU soldering defect. If you take it to Mobile repair shops they reheat the chip and it comes back to life for a day or two. Once the phone heats up due to usage, the problem will come again

A class action suit and replacement program were happening years back, but its too late now...

Would recommend to had it fixed temporarily, save all you data and then cash it in some exchange offer..

I did mention this may happen when i replied your old thread back then..

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq
    I had this problem with LG G3 LTE D858HK and G4.

Its a manufacturing defect plaguing LG devices. The CPU soldering defect. If you take it to Mobile repair shops they reheat the chip and it comes back to life for a day or two. Once the phone heats up due to usage, the problem will come again

A class action suit and replacement program were happening years back, but its too late now...

Would recommend to had it fixed temporarily, save all you data and then cash it in some exchange offer..

I did mention this may happen when i replied your old thread back then..

LG sucks big time. First time owning a LG, so many problems. Will probably get a cheap Xiaomi next.

Just finished closing up the phone. Found this tutorial on YT:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNoPq9-ZuuQ

Had to disconnect a few hinges to get the motherboard off the shell and chopped up a old credit card for the little box, folded a strip of aluminum foil which was stuck on using tape, then closed it back up. Was afraid I was going to screw it up, but so far it works!

The screen hasn't gave up on me... yet. Will wait a few days and see if the problem comes back again