Like Tree6Likes

Samsung Pay Smart Octopus?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Samsung Pay Smart Octopus?

Anyone using this? If you are does it mean a complete transfer of the Octopus to the phone? In other words, I can no longer use the Octopus card? I want to be able to use both. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    Anyone using this? If you are does it mean a complete transfer of the Octopus to the phone? In other words, I can no longer use the Octopus card? I want to be able to use both. Thanks in advance.
    I am . Once you type in the Octopus card number to your Samsung Pay app that Octopus Card cannot be used anymore. It is void. You cannot have Samsung Pay running an Octopus card at the same time having the physical one. Once a transfer takes place the physical Octopus card is no longer in use.
    shri likes this.

OK, thanks. I'm gonna stick to the old school method of using the card then.

Original Post Deleted
    1. Just goto settings turn on Near Field Communication
    2. Open the Samsung Pay app and select add a card. You will see an option to add a octopus card #. Select that and enter the Octopus card #. wait a bit. Samsung Pay will confirm you have transferred your Octopus card. After that you are done.
    pin and shri like this.

Does AAVS work with it?

I am considering Samsung phone in the future. Samsung Pay with Octopus is a huge selling point.

Original Post Deleted
    You can top up on those new Octopus machines in the mtr station you see in the newer mtr stations. As for AAVS i haven't tried it yet, it should work if you register your samsung pay octopus card to the smart octopus app. I've been topping up my octopus at my convience store or mtr station. Or you can use your credit card on samsung pay to top up but there is a minimum of 300 hkd to top up. Once you register your samsung pay octopus card, the physical one becomes useless.

Hi,

I have Samsung Smart Octopus on my Samsung S8.

AAVS - yes, I have it set up and working fine
    Replacement for physical octopus - yes, it does everything I used my previous Octopus for, including building entry at my office
    Transfer physical octopus to Smart Octopus - I didn't do this. I kept my old Octopus as a backup.
    Manual top up - yes, you can do it anywhere you normally top up

Verdict - I am very happy with my Smart Octopus, I have not had a single problem with it and I use it daily.
    As I'm a bit paranoid, I recommend you keep your physical Octopus as a backup - e.g. lost your phone, no battery etc.

jrkob and pin like this.

Some questions may have answers here

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/samsung...rtoctopus/faq/

Original Post Deleted
    In the China Visa place in Wanchai, there is a photocopy machine that only accepts octopus. Its a slot that you have to slide your card in and it then locks it in place for the duration of your session.
    I'm assuming there are more of these around town but I've not seen/noticed them.

You wont be able to shove your phone into that slot
    and since your octopus card will be voided, you'll need another one if you want to use this copy machine

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Verdict - I am very happy with my Smart Octopus, I have not had a single problem with it and I use it daily.
    You just wait till you're desperate for a copy machine
    (see my post above)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast