Like Tree13Likes

Fake iPhones

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jgl

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    Firstly, there are no fake iPhone. It's technically no possible to fake an iPhone. Putting a sticker on a random phone doesn't make it a (fake) iPhone.
    Not sure if these still exist, but I did laugh when I came across 'fake' iPhones on Ap Lui Street years ago. They were just cheap physical clones running Android skinned to look like iOS. The fake attempt was so bad that I didn't think it could be serious.
    imparanoic likes this.

You are a university student, prob on a shoe string budget hence looking for a use iphone, you have never used iphone before which means you were using andriod phones. Now you want a shiny iPhone to prove that you are better. Your priorities are so right.......

Quote Originally Posted by ycchai
    You are a university student, prob on a shoe string budget hence looking for a use iphone, you have never used iphone before which means you were using andriod phones. Now you want a shiny iPhone to prove that you are better. Your priorities are so right.......
    Judgemental much? Give the guy a break. He's just looking for some advice.
    ajohnso2 and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by despinosa3
    Hey Everyone!

I'm considering buying a used iPhone 6/6s (Plus or Regular) from Carousell. I haven't owned any iPhones before and I don't know how to check 'em. I'm also afraid that they may be stolen. Does anyone know how to check the integrity of an iPhone? Whether it's still usable? If bought using a data plan, how do I check whether there's still an outstanding balance to it? Also, how do I check whether it was stolen or not?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    A lot of advise is already in comments but what I'd like to mention is be careful with these second hand iphone. If the set is repaired elsewhere (which is yes in most cases) than an authorised apple service center you will be charged a premium for service in future. I replaced my screen when I was traveling in Thailand and if I go to Apple today I'm asked $780 for them to touch the phone. I have my disagreement on this but Apple doesn't belive in repairs for customers. They just force to you go for a replacement which can also be a refurbished piece.

Quote Originally Posted by despinosa3
    Hey Everyone!

I'm considering buying a used iPhone 6/6s (Plus or Regular) from Carousell. I haven't owned any iPhones before and I don't know how to check 'em. I'm also afraid that they may be stolen. Does anyone know how to check the integrity of an iPhone? Whether it's still usable? If bought using a data plan, how do I check whether there's still an outstanding balance to it? Also, how do I check whether it was stolen or not?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    You can get a new andriod for the same price as a used iphone

??5 - ??????

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    Rather than buying in to a 'status' brand and taking on a whole load of risk, consider buying new (for warranty) from a brand with a good reputation. Xiaomi has a great reputation for value and function here. Same with the Moto series. There are a bunch of other brands and models that have been recommended before on this forum.
    Truth be told. iPhones are no longer status symbols. Rose gold, X, whatever, nobody cares anymore. Phones are so ubiquitous now. when was last time anyone said "oh is that a new phone?? Can I see?"

Maybe the OP wants iOS. Good advice in here already. There are no fakes. If you can call and sign in apple id, it's legit. But if you're trying to save money, getting a cheaper new Android is probably better choice.

I bought maybe 5 iPhones on appliu and never have issues. The only issue I have with apple devices where I've bought them new or 2nd hand is the lightning connector. It has a limited life time. So I buy these cables with magnetic cables for about HK$39. Brings the wear an tear of the iPhone to zero.

https://www.gadgetzoverload.com/prod...st-charge-2-4a Get the ones that are revesable so it doesn't matter how you connect it. Note that the magnets are fragile and they can shatter if you bang them.

I've had one where the battery was worn. The new IOS 11.3 can report you the battery wear level. Or you can install this app to find out how battery the battery is.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/batt...080930585?mt=8

Iphone 6 with 64GB should cost you about HK$1500. At these prices I am not sure there is a point in buying Android Xiaomi devices... unless you can root them and install Sailfish for the security conscious user.

I might add that most repairs on iPhones are dirt cheap in Sham shui po now a days. Droppign and smashing it up is not something you should be too worried about...

TheBrit and jmbf like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2