Mobile Number Portability Question

Closed Thread

Mobile Number Portability Question

I currently have a contract with 3 for another 7 months. I signed the contract around 2 years ago when my data consumption wasn't too high as I always had WiFi. I would like to move to CSL since they are offering a better deal atm.

What I would like know is whether I can port-out my number from 3 to CSL without terminating my contract with 3? As I would be using the CSL sim as my primary number while using the 3 sim as my secondary sim for iPad.

The contract is tied to the phone number. Either finish your contract or pay up for the three months to get out of it. You can only port you number if you are done with the contract!!

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    The contract is tied to the phone number. Either finish your contract or pay up for the three months to get out of it. You can only port you number if you are done with the contract!!
    Shouldn't contracts be tied to account numbers and not phone numbers? I was thinking if there is a work around this since I am sure there is a technicality I could use. After all, I am not bailing on the fee to be paid but simply porting my number to another operator while completely still intending to pay my existing contract without having to pay termination charges. Why pay termination charges that equals to your monthly payment times remaining contract when you can simply find another use for it.

I was thinking negotiating with 3HK to give me a new number for my existing contract and porting my existing number to their prepaid plan. Since this is still within their network, then porting out my prepaid sim to CSL.

But calling their hotline, I am told their English Line is busy for the last few days which is irritating me.

Just get a new number with CSL.

Will save you a lot of "cannot la" with what you are trying to do above.

Port out will end your contract with the full balance owed. In your case 7 months.

Take a new number and forward your current number to your new one. After 7 months or when the time is right you can port it.

No way around it.

Or keep current phone and use a hotspot to the new plan.