Like Tree19Likes

Affordable Android phone suggestions

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Affordable Android phone suggestions

Hi all - can anyone suggest an affordable Android phone model with a decent camera? And the best place to buy? I'd be open to refurbished phones too if there are reputable places to find those. I'm planning to probably do Birdie for the service. It's for a teenager visiting HK for a few months. Doesn't need to have all the bells and whistles but should be able to take OK quality pictures/video, WhatApp, Facebook Messenger, etc.

Thanks!

The Xiaomi A1! You can get one for $1,598 at Smartone outlets until tomorrow, I think. https://www.androidauthority.com/xia...review-798864/

merchantms and orel100x like this.

Xiaomi - A1 pure android phone from Xiaomi with a decent camera - been using it for a while (6-8 months?).

Go to the Xiaomi store in CWB and try this one and other cheaper options.

Store: https://geoexpat.com/forum/121/thread344252.html

merchantms likes this.

A quick note - the son uses a Mi 4 and complains about Snapchat draining the battery. The A1 has a higher spec'ed battery and should last 12-18 hours of teen-use.

imparanoic and merchantms like this.

affordable = ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    affordable = ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????
    Haha. OK $1500 or less

I second that - Xiaomi A1 is pretty good value for money. I have been using it since last autumn, no issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A quick note - the son uses a Mi 4 and complains about Snapchat draining the battery. The A1 has a higher spec'ed battery and should last 12-18 hours of teen-use.
    A feature, rather than a bug?

my co-workers think i am a xiaomi sales person. so here we go again. wait for xiaomi max 3. huge screen and battery. bigger screen is good for your eyes. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    both phone has same size battery.. 3080mah

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast