Like Tree18Likes

SIM for USA and Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Can I just add a word of caution..? Many of the SIM cards mentioned above give you access to the internet, i.e. they are for "data download". You can't actually phone anyone with them. There are a couple of advantages, however, to data download : first, you need to use WhatsApp (or similar) but keep your regular HK telephone number, so you aren't just in contact with US, but with the whole world. If you use voice on WhatsApp, then you can "phone" people. The 2nd advantage is that this sort of card works anywhere in the world (within reason), not just the USA. SmarTone sells 30-day cards, 1.5GBs, for HK$298, although there will probably be cheaper versions elsewhere.

kittykaitak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Assuming the SIM card is legit, that is a really good rate for TMO.

When buying TMO sim cards its better to buy them online if you wait until you arrive in the States. Many of the shops are franchisesd and they charge up the a** for the same as you would get online. Neverthless as I said you got a good rate with the Tofu deal assuming its legit. TMO preapid for 1 month would nromally run you about US$45 if you buy it from TMO.
    kittykaitak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    This one works best. they sell for $90-100 on Ap Liu Street and are valid for a month.
    shri and kittykaitak like this.

Three mobile has a data only sim that covers Canada and the US. If memory serves me right, last time I checked the prepaid plans in Canada sucked and expensive and a hassle to get. Stick with the "Brands" when getting a sim card - I wasn't paying attention and the one I got for SG didn't even work and I had to go and buy another one.

kittykaitak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK
    This one works best. they sell for $90-100 on Ap Liu Street and are valid for a month.
    It doesn't seem to work in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by kittykaitak
    Wow! Thanks- loads to look at.

This looks ideal for 30 days split across USA and Canada.

https://www.datasimstore.com/_p0029.html
    thought I should follow up, I did go with this sim and it is working out very well.
    MABinPengChau and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykaitak
    Wow! Thanks- loads to look at.

This looks ideal for 30 days split across USA and Canada.

https://www.datasimstore.com/_p0029.html
    I've ordered this card for my travels to Canada this summer. It worked well.
    HowardCoombs and kittykaitak like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2