Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Beware of 3 (Hutchinson) sales tactics

Beware of 3 (Hutchinson) sales tactics

I have 3 different accounts with 3 (Hutchinson) here in HK, they call me a "Super Customer". Been here for many years. Recently I re-signed all 3 accounts with the "Unlimited, High Speed Data" offer, now only to find out that there is no such thing as "Unlimited Data, High Speed". You get high speed until you reach a limit, looks like 1.4 GB, then you are throttled back to 128KBS until your next Billing cycle. Yes, Unlimited data, but at a throttled back speed as to almost be unusable, definitely not what the employees told me in the Fu Tong Shopping Center when I signed the contract. Oh, yeah the customer service rep told me on the phone today, unlimited, but at a capped speed once you reach your limit of 1.4 GB, WTF? Unlimited and high speed, oh yeah, then its my fault, in VERY TINY LETTERS with an Asterisk that I was supposed to read when signing. Mark my words, I will do anything I can to keep any new customer from signing with them now.

Thanx for the heads up, was about to succumb to their pestering.

How much are you paying per month for this package??

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Are there any truly "unlimited" packages available out there? A bit naive to assume that a telecom company would offer an unlimited amount of anything that costs them money.

Am i the only one who finds this odd!!! Isn't it public knowledge now that FUP is in place for quite some time and its implemented by Telecom Authority across all providers, nothing to do with individual one.. Personally, i have found most of the time CSR mentions about it before signing, this could be an isolated incidence and 'Unlimited Data' title is used by most providers in spite of FUP..

Kowloon Goon, jrkob, bdw and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj
    Am i the only one who finds this odd!!! Isn't it public knowledge now that FUP is in place for quite some time and its implemented by Telecom Authority across all providers, nothing to do with individual one.. Personally, i have found most of the time CSR mentions about it before signing, this could be an isolated incidence and 'Unlimited Data' title is used by most providers in spite of FUP..
    Sorry, what is FUP?

FUP-Fair Usage Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon Goon
    Are there any truly "unlimited" packages available out there? A bit naive to assume that a telecom company would offer an unlimited amount of anything that costs them money.
    My home wifi is supposedly unlimited. I questioned them many times about this before signing given that I do know about the rules. I think there must just be such a high limit I don't reach it. But I use it for all the normal home stuff, so i must use about 10GB a month at least.
    Kowloon Goon likes this.

Our company phones is on 3HK with 1gb per month and then snail speed afterwards, I think we pay like $100 a month because we have many company phones.Snail speed is SHIT lol

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj
    FUP seems to vary a lot by providers. 1.4GB does not seem fair on a modern network.
    Kowloon Goon likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast