Like Tree5Likes

Unlimited mobile data plan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is there a more up to date reply on the recommendations regarding mobil Plans?

I wonder the same - can anyone recommend a true unlimited plan that doesn’t throttle down? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris90:
    I wonder the same - can anyone recommend a true unlimited plan that doesn’t throttle down? Thanks
    I was at sun mobile to ask about my plan that i have currently, its 90 something $$ a month for 5gb, the sales guy tried to up sell me to a 98$$ a month plan for 7gb so I asked him whats the next plan above that and he said, Unlimited 138$ a month but needs to sign a 24 months contract. I asked him"REALLY UNLIMITED" and he said Yes. hmmm

Thanks for sharing. In my experience, they all call it unlimited, cause data still works but at a lower speed.

Also, I am wondering if the mobile hotspot function still works after the initial data is used up.
    HKBN confirmed to me their T&C is correct: “The thereafter local data usage does not include support for tethering and peer-to-peer (P2P) applications, including Bit-Torrent etc. The network is supported by China Mobile Hong Kong ("CMHK")”

Smartone says the same in their T&Cs: “

• FUP Unlimited Local Data is not applicable to 2G phones / connected devices or any phones / connected devices which have manually opted for 2G network, and not applicable to other connected devices (including but not limited to USB modem / pocket wi-fi / TV box / BlackBerry smartphones with BlackBerry 7 OS and earlier versions ).”

However two friends confirmed their hotspot function still works using FUP (fair usage policy) and speed isn’t even reduced!
    Does anyone have the same experience?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2