Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By flameproof
  • 1 Post By mrgoodkat
  • 1 Post By MABinPengChau
  • 1 Post By lukelinssner

Unlimited Data for USA for 3 weeks?

Closed Thread

Unlimited Data for USA for 3 weeks?

Anyone have any suggestions? of what to use or what not to use?

This looked quite reasonable then we could both get a SIM each: https://www.klook.com/activity/7233-...san-francisco/

but not sure if it is?

We will be road tripping around so will want a lot of data for google maps etc etc

You best bet is to pick one up at the airport or a gas station. T-Mobile offers a card with 5GB for 30 USD if I remember correctly.

Kiz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz:
    ... want a lot of data for google maps etc etc
    You can d/l the maps you need in advance. Getting just traffic and direction doesn't need much data.

I am preparing for that every time, and every time the car has navigation, so I never used it so far.
    Kiz likes this.

I would get one before arriving in the US- you usually come out in baggage claim area where there is nowhere to buy SIMs and you are tired from a long flight and don't feel like searching around- so if there is only one expensive choice you are kind of stuck. My personal impression is that there are not as many SIMs for sale everywhere as there are in HK.

Just one less hassle to deal with if you already have it. Seems like a lot of choices online for pickup at the HK airport or at a mobile provider, I would really do it on this side of the ocean.

Kiz likes this.

I use a Data roaming Sim that i got as part of my Aimviva membership. Its a sticker that attaches to my own sim and lets me use data out of Hong Kong and keep my number.

Kiz likes this.