PCCW Mobile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Business cards are normally printed within 48 hours. Is it really essential that you have them in your first two days in the job? And are you really getting straight of the plane and going straight to the office?
    I've been told it takes two weeks and they cost almost $300 per printing of 200 pcs. I start working the day after my arrival. I don't think I'll be needing the cards as soon as I get off the plane but they seem very eager to have them printed immediately.

I'm thinking of getting PCCW Sunday prepaid SIM just to try them out myself. If I'm happy with them then I'll stay on, otherwise, I will be going for CSL. The link below makes it seem like an easy process but what's written does not always translate to practice.

Will my service be cut while it is being ported to another service provider? The link is not very clear on that.

OFTA, Office of the Telecommunications Authority, Hong Kong

You'll certainly lose service for a little while when being ported, but they tend to do it in the small hours of the morning so it's not a big deal.

Except of course occasionally they stuff up. Then you might be cut off for a day or two while they sort it out.

But, heh, life is still possible without a mobile phone!

On business cards you're being ripped off. I just checked with out office manager and confirmed that we pay $134 for 200 pcs, double-sided 2-colour. They do the artwork. If we provided the artwork it would be $70 for 200pcs. Delivery is 2-3 days.

On business cards you're being ripped off. I just checked with out office manager and confirmed that we pay $134 for 200 pcs, double-sided 2-colour. They do the artwork. If we provided the artwork it would be $70 for 200pcs. Delivery is 2-3 days.
    Hmmm... They did mention that the price is for the first printing, I don't know if that has any bearing. The logo has three colors (aside from black and white) but it's quite small, 1-cm in diameter. The 2-wk lead time may be an exaggeration though. I was really surprised at the price as it's more than $1 each. The paper used is nothing special either.

Quote Originally Posted by cdtan99:
    I am having issues now with regards to advance printing of my business cards. I don't have a cell number yet but my company wants to print out my cards for me already so it's available when I get there in January. With full number portability, can I just use a temporary prepaid number and then transfer it to a plan when I get there? How difficult is this process? Are there any chances for a prepaid number, say from PCCW Mobile, to be rejected by 1010 or by 3?
    It's not impossible - this is exactly what we did, for exactly the same reason. Sent a secretary out who purchased the first pre-paid plan they could find and then I sorted it out when I got here.... changed networks and plans etc....

For 4-colour business cards:
    C-Print Company Ltd. shows $55 for 200 pcs if you provide the artwork. You can order online. Site is in Chinese online though unfortunately.

Another quote my office manager got was $150 for 300pcs.

$300 for 200pcs is definitely a rip-off.

For 4-colour business cards:
    C-Print Company Ltd. shows $55 for 200 pcs if you provide the artwork. You can order online. Site is in Chinese online though unfortunately.

Another quote my office manager got was $150 for 300pcs.

$300 for 200pcs is definitely a rip-off.
    Thanks PDLM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2