Like Tree14Likes

Phone recommendation please

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Stock android, or near near stock.
    If you're looking for pure Android, the recent Nokia phones have been very good. Also Motorola One if you can find it locally.

See more on the Android Enterprise Recommended page (use the filters for RAM/display size):

https://androidenterprisepartners.withgoogle.com/devices/
    jgl and shri like this.

I suggest android run BlackBerry key 2

Cheap and does the job well , unless you're a selfie maniac.

As an advocate of physical keyboard, it's the best out there. Never been a fan of fancy iPhones.Tried hard to fall in love with Steve Job's brand but should say " Sorry, Steve".

For a $5k budget, you may consider oneplus 7t - it comes with flagship hardwares including a new 90hz display (smoother) and its lineage OS is stock android with frequent and continuous updates.

I don't keep up with the phone market, as it just changes too quickly. But it's time to think about replacing my current phone. Any suggestions for, in order of preference:

Stock android, or near near stock. No fancy skins or UI experiences
    Decent rear camera
    Bright screen for outdoor use (I'm guessing this means OLED)
    No weird screens that curve around the edges
    Cost... well... not iPhone prices, so up to 5K? Cheaper is better, phones are consumable/breakable items
    jgl and Taruntandon like this.

Yeah, the 7T is the fallback, I'm using a 1+ already and have been overall impressed.

Taruntandon likes this.

I am using Oneplus 6 and it's superb ! Go for 1+ . One can find great deals on price.com.hk

I don't keep up with the phone market, as it just changes too quickly. But it's time to think about replacing my current phone. Any suggestions for, in order of preference:

Stock android, or near near stock. No fancy skins or UI experiences
    Decent rear camera
    Bright screen for outdoor use (I'm guessing this means OLED)
    No weird screens that curve around the edges
    Cost... well... not iPhone prices, so up to 5K? Cheaper is better, phones are consumable/breakable items
    Remember, though, Geoexpat expressly forbids photos of your rear.

yesterday, i seen someone with the one of the officially avalible foldable phone, huawei mate Xs, so far haven't seen the samsang fold or motorola razr, mate Xs, unfolds to 1:1 square tablet in my opinion, kinda useless in tablet mode, netflix and youtube better in 16:9, but doable in 18:9, seems more niche than 21:9 super long ratio, the crease was notable from 50cm away, some people with deep pockets especially for a product with only 2.5 -3 years life span.

i believe this unique phone cost around HK$15999