Like Tree10Likes

Unlimited Mobile Data Plans?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tc20:
    Curious about lovehunter's responses in this thread. It looks like he/she has an uncapped plan?

https://geoexpat.com/forum/63/thread352589.html

Just checked with my brother who works at CSL - they legally can't use the term "Unlimited Data" because of some telecommunication law.

If you have 4 people to share your family plan then this is what I am using:

https://www.hkcsl.com/en/new-multi-user-service-plan/

You will need to have a minimum of 10Gb + 10Gb for $588 + $108 (capacity data plan aka unlimited data) + 18 (gov't Charges) = $714

Now if you are 4 people sharing: 714/4= $178.5 per person.

In our plan, we have people who go crazy with their data use, +150GB per month of data use and streaming. We recently renewed for another 2 years.

Let me know if you want to sign up, can refer to my brother.

A similar question. I'm about to leave my company and need to port over my phone number to a new plan.

Smartone are offering 158 for 5GB but it's a lock in 24 month contract. I also use data and (a little) calling overseas.

What is the best option currently? Someone mentioned a good plan if you use overseas a few months back but I cannot find the thread

Also - any idea how long it takes to port over a number?

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    A similar question. I'm about to leave my company and need to port over my phone number to a new plan.

Smartone are offering 158 for 5GB but it's a lock in 24 month contract. I also use data and (a little) calling overseas.

What is the best option currently? Someone mentioned a good plan if you use overseas a few months back but I cannot find the thread

China mobile is the one if you want to use it overseas without paying the daily roaming charges. $238/month for 10GB to use in HK and 40 overseas "Asian"' countries, or $338/month for 10GB to use in HK and 100+ "Global" countries.

Otherwise if you just want to port your company number to something cheap with no lock in contracts, Birdie is a good option. $90/month for 6GB at full speed (slow speed after this). No contract so can cancel any time. But for overseas use need to pay a day pass (eg from $15/day for Japan, Philippines, etc, up to $40/day for Australia, Europe, US. etc)
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Ported over from Smartone to China Mobile earlier this year - took exactly one week.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Signed up for the China Mobile 5 Sim plan.. 20GB data.

$298 a month, first month free. 24 month contract.

Porting numbers over from HKBN.. should not be a significant difference anyways.

I think I will give Birdie a go. at least if it's crap I only have to survive a month.

Birdie is great, and its all online or using their app without having to go anywhere or talk to anyone which is good. Even porting a number in is usually not a problem and they arrange everything. However in your case, porting in from a company number to a personal number could pose some challenges. Good luck!

HK_Katherine likes this.

Does one need to set up a new system (e.g. Birdie) with a new SIM before porting the number over, or can you use the same SIM?

Does one need to set up a new system (e.g. Birdie) with a new SIM before porting the number over, or can you use the same SIM?
    You need their sim first. Port number later. All via the app.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    You need their sim first. Port number later. All via the app.
    Thanks. So I shall set it up now, port later. "try before you buy" even!